DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Cisco Nexus 7000 (what Vendor Cert used for Power Supply)

Posted May 11, 2017 01:41 PM

I have many Cisco Nexus 5000 and 7000 devices on our network and we are not getting any components created for Power Supply and Fan, therefore, we get no graphs for these components. I was hoping somebody out there can tell me what Vendor Cert they are using for the Environmental stats. Our CAPM seems to automatically pick Cisco System Environment Sensor Watts (CiscoSysEnvSenWatt). I also tried to use Cisco FRU Power Supply and I got some data back (like Percentage in warning) but not the percentage in normal, other, or critical.

thoughts?

• 2.  Re: Cisco Nexus 7000 (what Vendor Cert used for Power Supply)

Posted May 11, 2017 04:46 PM

The snmpcollector should be picking them up automatically and adding them to the profile.

This is the site showing what the snmpcollector probe is supporting.

UIM SNMP Device Support 

this one lists what's been added via the Device_Certification_Deployer package

Update Vendor Certifications - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

Is CAPM polling the same devices as the snmpcollector?

If not run a sapwalk from the hub running the snmpcollector to verify it is enabled at the device.

when the snmpcollector log level it turned up and a rediscovery done of the device the log will show what it gets a valid response on and what it doesn't.

• 3.  Re: Cisco Nexus 7000 (what Vendor Cert used for Power Supply)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 11, 2017 04:50 PM

FYI, the question is only for CAPM.  They're not using UIM SNMPCollector.  Perhaps a moderator can move it into the appropriate subgroup: CA Performance Management

The certification site for CAPM is here:  Data Aggregator Certification Portal 

• 4.  Re: Cisco Nexus 7000 (what Vendor Cert used for Power Supply)

Posted May 11, 2017 05:38 PM

Select to Edit the question and then it is possible to change the Visibility to performance management.

• 5.  Re: Cisco Nexus 7000 (what Vendor Cert used for Power Supply)

Posted May 19, 2017 09:35 AM

I have moved this to Performance management for more visibility. 

• 6.  Re: Cisco Nexus 7000 (what Vendor Cert used for Power Supply)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2017 01:30 PM

You can go to Administrator > data aggegrator > monitoring profiles.  Create anew monitoring profile, and add the "Environment" metrics, and then deploy to the appropriate collection to gain the metrics you want to see

• 7.  Re: Cisco Nexus 7000 (what Vendor Cert used for Power Supply)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2017 11:00 AM

Hi Marko - did Joe's suggestion work for you?

Thanks,

Bob

• 8.  Re: Cisco Nexus 7000 (what Vendor Cert used for Power Supply)
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 02, 2017 01:58 PM

No it did not. I understand how to add things to monitoring profile. The problem was that I needed to create a new vendor cert for the Nexus devices since the current standard cert is not polling the correct MIB's. Thank you to Rob Kettle and Kishan Ratnayake for all there help on this (and many other issues that come up)! They are both a CAPM asset!