DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  How to Filter reports in Jasper for a specific global collection of Devices

Posted Nov 16, 2017 10:55 AM

First of all, we have very little experience with Jasper. We have several customers on our Spectrum infrastructure and we are attempting to recreate the reports we provided from BOXI 3.1 in our old Spectrum 9.3 environment. As we are attempting to upgrade, we now are using Jasper in a development Spectrum 10.2.2 environment as we learn how to rebuild our old reports.

The key question is how to use an existing out of box availability reports, and filter them by a global collection which houses the customer's devices. This is how we plan to "tenant" our reports to prevent data bleeds from one customer to the other. I have been playing around with the domains, but that's not getting me anywhere. Has anyone recreated the out of box reports with a pre-filter, or has anyone done something similar to "tenant" each of the out of box reports?

• 2.  Re: How to Filter reports in Jasper for a specific global collection of Devices

Posted Nov 16, 2017 10:12 PM

We have a similar scenario and using Global collections is one of the way to report on Availability in CA Spectrum . There is already a out of box report available in Jasper for running Availability Reports based on GC . Did you take a look at it?

• 3.  Re: How to Filter reports in Jasper for a specific global collection of Devices

Posted Nov 17, 2017 10:35 AM

Yes, this is one of the solutions we are working on, but I want to take it a step further. I would like to also be able to provide an Ad-hoc version of the report to run on demand by a read only user of a folder where the report would be hosted at. I read that copying the report and running from a different folder would not work, but I'm wondering why that is. If this functionality is not supported yet, meaning I can't provide a dashboard to a customer with limited data visibility (By a global collection), it limits what we can do with the tool. 

I'm wondering if there is any documentation with the process to be able to post availability or any other dashboard style reports we can provide as a portal front end for a number of limited accounts.

• 4.  Re: How to Filter reports in Jasper for a specific global collection of Devices

Posted Dec 21, 2017 02:59 PM

The out of the box group reports do exactly this.

You would just have to schedule it and have it go some where for your customer to review it.

You could also create a dashboard, and there is ad-hoc capability as well.

I would suggest opening a support ticket to get real time assistance with getting this working.

Thanks!

Matt

• 5.  Re: How to Filter reports in Jasper for a specific global collection of Devices

Posted Jan 05, 2018 04:11 PM

Thank you for this.