DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Cisco ASR 1000 and NX 3500 are GnSNMP

Posted Nov 09, 2017 09:06 AM

Hi

during an implementation we find Cisco devices from ASR-1000 model and Cisco NX 3500 , which appearnly Spectrum does not have thier mib so they are classified as GnSNMPDev model

this affect that those devices are not appear in chassis view nor the configuration manager.

how can i make them appear under the right model ?

i tried to find their own mib files but cisco resources is maze

i am running Spectrum 10.2.2

anyone encounter this before  and can help ?

best regards

• 2.  Re: Cisco ASR 1000 and NX 3500 are GnSNMP
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2017 09:09 AM

You need to change the sysoid to a certified modeltype, then destroy/recreate the models or use the NewMM.pl script.  Here's a tech doc outlining the procedure:

The Host Configuration tab for NCM is grayed out or Different Type Model alarms show in the CA Spectrum OneClick gui.  

Cheers

Jay

• 3.  Re: Cisco ASR 1000 and NX 3500 are GnSNMP

Posted Nov 19, 2017 12:45 PM

Hi Jason

thanks for you reply. i manage to get the cisco mibs , from cisco mib locator (ex: ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/v2.tar.gz )  , but it has about 1400+ mib files ,, which to update the product base MIBs ,, i am confused really 

thanks

• 4.  Re: Cisco ASR 1000 and NX 3500 are GnSNMP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2017 07:37 AM

Hi,  You can compare the mibs that are in that zip to the mibs in the <SPECROOT>/mibdatabase directory on the OneClick server.  If we already have the mib in that directory then it's loaded into Spectrum you don't need to reimport it.  If it's not in that directory than you can use mibtools to import it if you wish.

Cheers

Jay