DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Performance Center doesn't go up after installaions

Posted Mar 08, 2017 04:02 AM

Hello CAPM Community,

I'm a beginner with this product. I tried to install the Performance Center (with local CAPM consultant)

the installation went well but the web page didn't response .

1. we get "HTTP ERROR :503 problem accessing /pc/redirector  reason: service unavailable". and in the DMService.log we get errors like "unable to load RIB cache from disk"

2. when running /etc/init.d/caperfcenter_console/devicemanager/eventmanager/sso status everything is up and running.

the box is vmware machine , RHEL6.8 with basic packages installed. 4 Cores,16 G  and enough disk.

The CAPM Version is 3.0

Any suggestion? (missing RPM, IPV6  problem?)

Thanks,

Asi

• 2.  Re: Performance Center doesn't go up after installaions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 08, 2017 02:54 PM

Hello Asi,

We may need a support case to fix this anyway, but if you want to discuss it via the community site, the first thing is to confirm the install was complete and error free.

If uncomfortable sharing machine information and log files, I would recommend opening a new support case for review of the system.

Look in (default path) /opt/CA/PerformanceCenter/InstallLogs. There should be 6 logs there. One each for MySql, SSO service, Event Manager service, Device Manager service, Console service, and lastly the main high level "Performance_Center_Install" file.

Near the top of each file we should see a section similar to this:

Summary
    -------

Installation: Successful.

227 Successes
    0 Warnings
    0 NonFatalErrors
    0 FatalErrors

Do any of them show anything besides Successes?

Thanks,
    Michael

• 3.  Re: Performance Center doesn't go up after installaions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2017 12:29 AM

Hi Michael,

just finished upgrade from 2.6.0 to 3.0.0 at our customer and I have the very same issue. I checked the logs but not a single error in there. Do I need to open a support ticket?

Thanks.

Michael

• 4.  Re: Performance Center doesn't go up after installaions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2017 03:24 AM

Actually I have a different error message in different logs I found messages mentioning mysql plugin '*46AF5D285D5BAF3244D5C0EDE1B00412060CDE0D' not being loaded and the /opt/CA/MySql/data/$hostname.err says:

[Warning] The plugin '*46AF5D285D5BAF3244D5C0EDE1B00412060CDE0D' used to authenticate user 'netqos'@'localhost' is not loaded. Nobody can currently login using this account.

Any ideas how to resolve this?

Thanks

Michael

• 5.  Re: Performance Center doesn't go up after installaions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2017 08:29 AM

krimi03 I'd recommend opening up a case for investigation.

• 6.  Re: Performance Center doesn't go up after installaions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 14, 2017 10:55 AM

Hello Asi,

Apologies if this thread was not found for a bit. There were some mix ups with the community posts but I think I've got it all straightened out.

I wonder, do you still face the originally reported problem that started this thread?

Let us know if there is something we can do to assist further here if the problem remains.

Thanks,

Michael

• 7.  Re: Performance Center doesn't go up after installaions
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 15, 2017 04:25 AM

Hello Michael,

The problem was solved by copying the source dvd again and keep it closed  all the way to the destination machine (as tar.gz file). Apparently, the installation file was corrupted, simple as that.

My mistake,

thanks anyway, 

Asi

• 8.  Re: Performance Center doesn't go up after installaions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 16, 2017 12:36 PM

Asi,

Thanks for the update. Glad you were able to find and resolve it on your own.

I suppose better it was a fairly simple thing to correct than a complex time consuming issue!

Have a great day,

Mike