DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Can one upgrade from ADA v10.0 to v11.0 directly?

Posted Dec 01, 2016 04:37 PM

We currently have ADA v10.0 and are planning to upgrade. The question I have is can we directly upgrade from v10.0 to v11.0.

Also, is ADA v11.0 (or v10.5/.6) compatible with CA Performance Manager v2.8?

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

Cheers

Manish

• 2.  Re: Can one upgrade from ADA v10.0 to v11.0 directly?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 02, 2016 10:18 AM

Manish,

I can help with the CA Performance Manager related questions.

Anytime you have questions about the compatibility between PM and the various Data Sources we can integrate with it, a good place to start is the CA Performance Center Data Source Compatibility Matrix - CA Technologies.

In this case CA ADA r10.6 is the release that was tested for support with the CAPM r2.8 release.

Thanks,

Mike

• 3.  Re: Can one upgrade from ADA v10.0 to v11.0 directly?

Posted Dec 06, 2016 11:23 AM

So, basically ADA r10.5 and earlier are NOT going to be compatible with CAPM r2.8, right?

• 4.  Re: Can one upgrade from ADA v10.0 to v11.0 directly?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2016 11:33 AM

The answer is both yes and no.

We only test on a specific release and provide official support for that release only. Best practice would point to ensuring those releases are the ones in use as the officially tested and supported releases.

But... if you must use an older or newer release of the integrating product, assuming no major changes were made to the product between the supported or tested release and the one in use, it usually is functional.

If a problem is observed that is where we may direct the customer in that situation to the specifically tested and supported release rather than issuing a fix. Again that is dependent on each given situation.

• 5.  Re: Can one upgrade from ADA v10.0 to v11.0 directly?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2016 03:02 PM

Hi Manish,

I don't see any answers yet from ADA but I think I found the one you might need.

According to this Upgrade Paths page from the CA ADA Wiki Docs:

Upgrade Paths - CA Application Delivery Analysis - 11.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

"You can upgrade CA Application Delivery Analysis from version 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, 10.5, or 10.6 to version 11.0."

It might be the case that you'll need to go from 10.0 to 10.2 before going to 11.0.

To receive a more precise answer to that question at this time I'd recommend a support case be opened with the CA ADA Support Team for more information.

Hopefully that at least closes the loop on this forum thread and answers the questions posed here.

Thanks,

Michael

• 6.  Re: Can one upgrade from ADA v10.0 to v11.0 directly?

Posted Dec 06, 2016 11:26 AM

So I will have to make a connecting flight no matter what to get to ADA v11.0 (no direct flight )

Thanks a lot Michael for your help with these questions

• 7.  Re: Can one upgrade from ADA v10.0 to v11.0 directly?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2016 11:36 AM

I am honestly not positive about that Manish.

I don't support that product so there may be more to the answer for that question. I'd recommend engaging the ADA support team via a new support case to obtain concise answers.