DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  SRM reports - multiple Global Collections, multiple SRM servers

Posted Nov 20, 2017 03:23 PM

I am hoping that someone can give me some hints on how I can do this.  We are running Spectrum 10.2.1.  We have multiple SRM systems due to load, so we are currently running CABI with BOXI not Jaspersoft, since the Jaspersoft version doesn't support multiple SRMs yet.

I need to run a report to get the alarm logs over the past several months for a group that is performing an audit.  The report will be exported to Excel (csv) so that they can get subtotals by alarm type.  Sounds simple, but the report is for 7 alarm types and devices that are in 32 Global Collections.

And it will need to be scheduled to automatically run on a monthly basis going forward.

Any idea how to get an alarm log report for multiple Global Collections that spans multiple SRM systems?

• 2.  Re: SRM reports - multiple Global Collections, multiple SRM servers
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 11, 2017 01:28 PM

Hey Bill,

With out of the box reports, you cannot report against more than a single Global Collection.

This would cause probable performance issues in most customer setups due to volume of data.

You should be able to do this with an Ad-Hoc report, because you can select multiple GCs there as well as an alarm filter.

I am certain you can do it in Jasper as well, though I know you aren't running it due to lack of multi-tenacy but figured I would let you know for future reference.

So the answer is yes, but within Ad-Hoc reporting - not out of the box reports.

Thanks!

Matt