DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Southbound Gateway and models with duplicate IPs

Posted Nov 28, 2017 10:52 AM

Currently with the SBGW the only options to map traps to Spectrum device models are by Name or by IP address. This is currently set to use the IP Address however the problem for us is that alarms, based on traps from a 3rd party app, can be duplicated when several, unrelated devices, have the same IP address on one of their interfaces.

An additional problem is the device name coming from the 3rd party app is not always a perfect match to the device name in Spectrum. In the majority of cases it is but not all...

Does anyone have any suggestions how we might work around this? If anyone has found a workaround for using the IP Address where there are duplicate IPs that would be the ideal solution ...

My thought to work around this is to deploy the SGBW on 2 separate landscapes, one of which will use the IP address to find the target model and the other will use the Name to find the target model. I believe I will be able to have separate instances of the 3rd party send their traps to the separate integrations so this might work.

Any comments welcome.

Regards, John

• 2.  Re: Southbound Gateway and models with duplicate IPs

Posted Apr 06, 2018 10:07 AM

John,

Were you able to SGBW on 2 separate landscapes to address your issue?

Joe