DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Data Aggregator web interface is not accessible.

Posted Mar 05, 2018 06:16 AM

I have a new install of CA PM 3.5 and post install of Data Aggregator, we're not able to access the web interface for the same i.e. http://<DA_Host>:8581/rest. I see the dadaemon service is running and the activemq is also running. but the web interface is not available.

cd ..
    Under karaf.log I see below errors:

INFO  | s4j.pax.logging) | 2018-03-05 09:58:36,920 | fileinstall | ?    ? |

apache.felix.fileinstall |       | Unable to save configuration
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: /capm/IMDataAggregator/apache-karaf-2.4.3/etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg (Permission denied)

INFO  | ache.karaf.jaas) | 2018-03-05 09:58:36,924 | fileinstall | ?    ? | apache.felix.fileinstall |       | Unable to save configuration  java.io.FileNotFoundException: /capm/IMDataAggregator/apache-karaf-2.4.3/etc/org.apache.karaf.jaas.cfg (Permission denied)

INFO  | Event Dispatcher | 2018-03-05 09:58:36,924 | fileinstall | ?    ? | apache.felix.fileinstall |       | Creating configuration from org.apache.karaf.command.acl.features.cfg
    INFO  | nd.acl.features) | 2018-03-05 09:58:36,926 | fileinstall | ?    ? | apac he.felix.fileinstall |       | Unable to save configuration java.io.FileNotFoundException: /capm/IMDataAggregator/apache-karaf-2.4.3/etc/org.apache.karaf.command.acl.features.cfg (Permission denied)

karaf.out shows below:

Unable to update instance pid: /capm/IMDataAggregator/apache-karaf-2.4.3/instances/instance.properties (Permission denied)
    Unable to update instance pid: Unable to find root instance in /capm/IMDataAggregator/apache-karaf-2.4.3/instances/instance.properties

Not sure if this is related to the problem.

I also tried following below but this did not help.

https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/dadaemon-process-shows-as-running-but-not-listening-to-port-8581/kb000048467

Any suggestions on how to further troubleshoot this.

• 2.  Re: Data Aggregator web interface is not accessible.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 05, 2018 10:06 AM

Abhishek,

The file access errors make me wonder:

1. Who was the install owner of the DA?  Root?

2. What user were you logged into when you tried to tart the dademon / activemq services?

3. Do the files that the errors reference actually exist, what are the permissions on them ( ls -altr )

This problem is highly likely something that will need a full fledged support case so that an engineer can fully look into the logs but we can start with the above.  If it is not a quick solution I would say open acase and get Data Aggregator CARE output attached to the case.

Troy

• 3.  Re: Data Aggregator web interface is not accessible.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 05, 2018 10:16 AM

Also, how is selinux configured?  You can check by the sestatus command.

• 4.  Re: Data Aggregator web interface is not accessible.

Posted Mar 06, 2018 09:07 AM

You're right the owner of install is a local user which is not root. I was able to fix this by elevating this user and making it a member of root group.

• 5.  Re: Data Aggregator web interface is not accessible.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2018 09:13 AM

That is great to hear.  Now you are able to access the REST interface without problem?  If so, can we mark my answer above as the correct one so that if anyone else comes across this same problem they can have a quick direction to look into?

Troy