DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  CA PC ERROR

Posted Jan 23, 2018 02:56 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

After rebooting CA PM servers as per the sequence, I am facing error related to RIB query failure(SS has been attached herewith).CA PC is not showing "No Data Available" in each dashboard whereas on demand report is displaying the corresponding data for devices.

I have checked "PCservices.log" and "wrapper" log files which is showing following error.:

"{
    Error occurred while running a RIB query on Data Aggregator RIB Source.
    Possible reason: Failed preparing new query
    The specified item is not valid.[Invalid group filter expression ".Group.GroupID = 'xxxx'", item xxxx is not a group.]
    Query:
    {
    SELECT .PollItem.ID, .PollItem.DevDisplayName, .Item.Name,  " (multiple error messages like this in the PCservice.log)

I have recycled mysql services.but, the problem persists.

Can anyone tell me what could be the cause of this error and how can i resolve it?

Regards,

Sandip

• 2.  Re: CA PC ERROR

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2018 09:31 AM

Hello Sandip,

We should first take a quick look to see if the the error message happens to be correct. It suggests that the ID for the group selected is not a group, or maybe it once was and it was recently deleted?

The specified item is not valid.[Invalid group filter expression ".Group.GroupID = 'xxxx'", item xxxx is not a group.]

Does the group set in the Dashboard exist?

If you change the Dashboard to use a different group, just as a test, does it still show that error?

Thanks,

Michael

• 3.  Re: CA PC ERROR

Posted Jan 24, 2018 07:11 AM

Hello Michael,

The Groups for which the error is being shown do exist in group list and it does have elements also.

After creating new group and new dash board(pointing to new group) , PC is not showing error.

Seems like, PC is not accepting old groups and dashboards which means that group IDs have been changed automatically.

Same is  case with SNMP Profiles.PC is showing the SNMP Profiles but, I am not able to select them in discovery profile.Creating new SNMP profiles resolves the issue.

What can be the reason for this kind of unexpected change in CA PC configuration?

Is there any "Update configuration" kind thing which can help PC to understand the changes?

Thanks,

Sandip

• 4.  Re: CA PC ERROR

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2018 09:24 AM

Sandip,

It does sound like the IDs in the DB for these items have been changed or are out of sync somehow which is very unusual behavior.

What release is involved?

What has changed or been done recently? This is not a normal issue other users face that has a simple configuration update to resolve.

You may be best off at this point opening up a formal support case with the team to investigate this further.

Thanks,

Mike

• 5.  Re: CA PC ERROR

Posted Jan 31, 2018 02:17 AM

Mike,

I have reinstalled DR recently due to DB issues. I think this has made changes with groupIDs.

However, Re-creation of groups and dashboards solve the issue.

But, the default dashboards related to default groups like "inventory","System Healt-Data aggregator" etc., are still showing "Query failed.....".

I am unable to recreate those  default groups.

Is there any table or file related to group IDs which can be modified with new group Ids?

Can we point PC to old GropID file or table?because old groups still exist in PC which means there must be file or able related to those IDs and we can modify these files or IDs through SQL queries.

Kindly Suggest on this.

Thanks,

Sandip

• 6.  Re: CA PC ERROR

Posted Nov 23, 2018 08:41 AM

I have a similar problem but only with the System health data aggregator dashboards, because I have to re install the DAproxy and both data aggregators, (it's a fault tolerant environment). I think PC is pointing to a group ID that does not exist anymore. 

What table of the database can I modify to fix this?

• 7.  Re: CA PC ERROR

Posted Nov 28, 2018 03:37 AM

Hi,

Anyone got the solution?