DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Load Firmware Task - Disallowed tab

Posted Nov 01, 2017 05:32 PM

Does anyone use the Load Firmware Task selectable from the Clipboard with plus sign.  I setup FTP and FTP server info on my IOS -SSH device family.  Tried a load firmware task but the popup box has the device in the Disallow tab.

The error says "SPC-OCC-11661: Operation is not available.  If the device supports this operation, a script must be configured."

The device is a Cisco Catalyst 3850 switch but the same error occurs on any Cisco device I've tried.

• 2.  Re: Load Firmware Task - Disallowed tab
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2017 03:10 AM

Please change the NCM_SnmpFirmwareUploadDebugFlag attribute to 'yes' on the NCM Device family model and reproduce the problem. You should see similar to the following debug data in the $SPECROOT/SS/VNM.OUT

The device abc (0xe0017d) does not support the default family protocol of TFTP
    Device 0xe0017d (abc) Supports MIB or Script Firmware Upload: FALSE
    Device 0xe0017d (abc) Supports default reload: TRUE
    Device 0xe0017d (abc) Supports script cancel reload: TRUE
    Device 0xe0017d (abc) Supports Script Cancel Reload: TRUE
    Nov 02 18:03:58 ERROR TRACE at IHHostConfig.cc(1365): Action to determine device support has finished

If the device is in the "Disallow" tab check what is FALSE.

• 3.  Re: Load Firmware Task - Disallowed tab

Posted Nov 02, 2017 04:08 PM
    This is the result.  I am trying to do FTP.  So I went back to look at the Cisco-FLASH-MIB and the MIB list FTP as supported.  I changed the device family load firmware protocol to TFTP and tried the upload task.  It did not go to the DISALLOW tab but rather the ALLOWED tab this time.  I will research further with Cisco on whether the device supports FTP with the Cisco-Flash-MIB.  The debug helped make some good progress..  Thank you.  I can resolve this post.

Nov 02 15:37:16 ERROR TRACE at IHHostConfig.cc(1035): Action to determine device support has started
    The device VEMXX125.vfc.com (0x5a475c) does not support the default family protocol of Unknown
    Device 0x5a475c (VEMXX125.vfc.com) Supports MIB or Script Firmware Upload: FALSE
    Device 0x5a475c (VEMXX125.vfc.com) Supports default reload: TRUE
    Device 0x5a475c (VEMXX125.vfc.com) Supports script cancel reload: TRUE
    Device 0x5a475c (VEMXX125.vfc.com) Supports Script Cancel Reload: TRUE
    Nov 02 15:37:17 ERROR TRACE at IHHostConfig.cc(1365): Action to determine device support has finished
    Nov 02 15:38:34 ERROR TRACE at IHHostConfig.cc(1035): Action to determine device support has started
    The device VEMXX125.vfc.com (0x5a475c) does not support the default family protocol of Unknown
    Device 0x5a475c (VEMXX125.vfc.com) Supports MIB or Script Firmware Upload: FALSE
    Device 0x5a475c (VEMXX125.vfc.com) Supports default reload: TRUE
    Device 0x5a475c (VEMXX125.vfc.com) Supports script cancel reload: TRUE
    Device 0x5a475c (VEMXX125.vfc.com) Supports Script Cancel Reload: TRUE
    Nov 02 15:38:35 ERROR TRACE at IHHostConfig.cc(1365): Action to determine device support has finished
    Cisco-Flash-Mib
    ciscoFlashCopyProtocol OBJECT-TYPE
     SYNTAX INTEGER {
       tftp(1),
       rcp(2),
       lex(3),
       ftp(4),
       scp(5),
       sftp(6)
     }
     ACCESS read-create
     STATUS current
     DESCRIPTION
     "The protocol to be used for any copy. Optional.
            Will default to tftp if not specified.
            Since feature support depends on a software release,
            version number within the release, platform, and
            maybe the image type (subset type), a management
            station would be expected to somehow determine
            the protocol support for a command."
      ::= { ciscoFlashCopyEntry 3 }