DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  CA PC/PM :Copy/move Dashboard created under My Dashboards to another Menu

Posted Aug 15, 2017 10:24 PM

Hello All,

Is there a specific reason why we will not be able to copy/move dashboards created under My Dashboards menu  to another menu

The same is very much possible when the dashboard is created under any other Menu like the Infrastructure Health or Capacity planning , it can be copied to another menu.

This is not possible with dashboards created under My Dashboards 

I have created a bunch of dashboards under My Dashboards and now want to copy these dashboards to Customer Dashboards menu so that it can be accessed by other users .  Is there a simple way of achieving this ? 

• 2.  Re: CA PC/PM :Copy/move Dashboard created under My Dashboards to another Menu

Posted Aug 16, 2017 05:23 AM
      |   view attached

Try this.

Attachment(s)

pdf
    How to copy a dashboard.pdf   2.66 MB 1 version

• 3.  Re: CA PC/PM :Copy/move Dashboard created under My Dashboards to another Menu

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2017 05:55 AM

Hi Catalin,

yes this would be an option, but only for the admin user.

Only admin user can export/import dashboard. Admin user also has no access to other users pg ids in dashboard webservice.

• 4.  Re: CA PC/PM :Copy/move Dashboard created under My Dashboards to another Menu
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 16, 2017 07:28 AM

Yes, i've tried this option but I cant really recommend this option for other users who has no clue of the REST interface or really have all the needed access . A simpler option as in my second screen shot might be helpful buy looks like there is no way to unlock the dashboards created under My Dashboards 

• 5.  Re: CA PC/PM :Copy/move Dashboard created under My Dashboards to another Menu

Posted Aug 17, 2017 04:22 PM

That's one of the features that was available in NPC but didn't make it over to CAPC, but is one that I think a lot of us would really appreciate having available in the GUI.  I'd recommend submitting this as an idea and see where it goes.

• 6.  Re: CA PC/PM :Copy/move Dashboard created under My Dashboards to another Menu

Posted Aug 17, 2017 08:10 PM

Created an Idea for this , please vote if you think this could add any value to you

CA PC/PM :Add option to copy/move Dashboard created under My Dashboards to another menu