DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Do you know if it’s possible to set a policy on a container that would not let any of the models alarm in that container?

Posted Dec 19, 2017 04:22 PM

We’re playing around with trap-based discoveries, and wondered if we set it to not be in maintenance when it discovered if there’s a way we can make those models in the new device container to not alarm, but be in a ‘Normal’ state.

• 2.  Re: Do you know if it’s possible to set a policy on a container that would not let any of the models alarm in that container?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 19, 2017 04:53 PM

Hi Sheldon,

Based on terminology I'll take a guess this is about Spectrum. Is that correct?

Let me know if so and I'll move this post to the Spectrum community to ensure it gets the appropriate visibility.

If it is about CA Performance Management, I'll have some follow up questions to get clarification on what we can help with.

Thanks,

Mike

• 3.  Re: Do you know if it’s possible to set a policy on a container that would not let any of the models alarm in that container?

Posted Jan 04, 2018 01:11 PM

moved to the CA Spectrum community

• 4.  Re: Do you know if it’s possible to set a policy on a container that would not let any of the models alarm in that container?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2018 02:10 PM

As I'm sure your finding, you can't have a device be in normal state and in maintenance mode at the same time.  If want the device to be in a normal state and not generally alarm, then the only option I can think of is to set the IsEventCreationEnabled attribute to no...but this will put a "PROXY" highlight on it. 

Cheers

Jay

• 5.  Re: Do you know if it’s possible to set a policy on a container that would not let any of the models alarm in that container?

Posted Jan 08, 2018 04:05 AM
      |   view attached

We use security strings for that purpose. Then you can filter alarms by excluding models that have that string.

• 6.  Re: Do you know if it’s possible to set a policy on a container that would not let any of the models alarm in that container?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 04, 2018 02:17 PM

Do you mean not have the individual models generate alarms or not have the "New Devices Discovered" alarm on the container itself?