DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  How to create a global Global Collection excluding WIFI APs

Posted Feb 07, 2018 08:38 AM

Hello,

We recently made an integration project with all WIFI APs from the IT parc in Spectrum.

Following this, we have some issue with monitoring because we get spammed a lot with all these APs alarms.

My goal is to replicate our general global collection (with all devices in our scope) but without APs and another one with.

I succesfully managed to create the only APs global collection but I have trouble to create the replicated one.

For information: all APs does not have SNMP support and are only added as IP device.

Here is some screenshot to explain:

World is the general one. Here is the topology:

I also would like to keep the topoly as it is done above.

The WIFI APs global collection is made with this search conditions:

Because we created a user attribute for APs, like this:

Therefore my idea was to create a Global Collection with all security strings needed and make a search options where attribute USER_Asset_Tag does not equal "LAP" and other values.

But it doesn't work, I have the same number of devices and the exact same traps displayed.

I also tried to create a new filer to not display AP related traps (which was the easier solution for me) but it is not working and as I saw on the forum it does not work in general.

Could someone confirm this to me please?

Created filter:

Thanks in advance for your answers.

• 2.  Re: How to create a global Global Collection excluding WIFI APs

Posted Feb 07, 2018 08:55 AM

Hello,

You need to change your "OR" by a "AND" in your filter!  (because with "not equal" you want devices which are not equal to MAP *AND* also not equal to LAP *AND* also...)

Hope that will help.

Christophe

• 3.  Re: How to create a global Global Collection excluding WIFI APs

Posted Feb 07, 2018 09:11 AM

Hello Christophe,

I understand your point but it is still not working.

The current configuration of the filter is:

But I still have APs traps.

For example one related to this device:

I even tried with another attribute: Device type but same result.

I don't remember but for me I don't need to refresh anything (like restart java console for example) after modifying filters, Could you confirm to me please?

Thanks

• 4.  Re: How to create a global Global Collection excluding WIFI APs
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 07, 2018 09:35 AM

I confirm, you don't have to restart anything. You just have to wait (or force) a Global Collection refresh.