DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Global Collection-based groups

Posted Dec 29, 2016 08:40 AM

Our group structure in Performance Center is largely based on device membership in Spectrum Global Collections.  We recently went through an issue where one of our SpectroServers was offline for almost a full day and when it came back, all of the groups in PC that had rules configured to reference GCs unique to that particular SpectroServer had their rule changed to reference All Groups instead of the GC.  I had to go through and manually update all of the group rules to point to the GCs again.  Is there any way to preserve the rule settings in PC so this doesn't happen again if we ever experience a SS outage again?

• 2.  Re: Global Collection-based groups

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 29, 2016 01:21 PM

Hi Josh,

Not sure how the functionality was impacted by that SS outage.

I'll note all communication with the Spectrum environment from the PC side is via the Spectrum One Click web server. It then gathers the relevant data for a response from the SS's and sends it back to PC.

I can reach out to the engineering team internally for input and thoughts on this scenario next week when they are back in the office in full force.

In the mean time, I believe proper investigation of this problem will require the sharing of details including log files and other related information better performed in a formal support case. If you want to go that route please do open one up. We'll nail down what should have happened per current code design, and see if that matches the behavior observed or not.

Thanks and have a great new year!

Mike

• 3.  Re: Global Collection-based groups
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 09, 2017 05:27 PM

Hi Josh:

I am not sure if you ever opened a case on this, but I asked one of the engineers and they stated

since the SS was offline, oneclick will think the GC's are gone, then spectrum synchs to capc ... now capc thinks the GCs are gone, and changes the rules  from what you defined to "all groups"

There is no setting within the tool to maintain those rules on the CAPC side.  The only option I can think of would be to restore the netqosportal database.  The downside would be you may loose other changes / updates

I would log an idea on the idea wall for this

Joe

• 4.  Re: Global Collection-based groups

Posted Jan 10, 2017 10:51 AM

I think you hit the nail right on the head there Joe.  That's exactly what happened to us and I will indeed submit an idea for it.  Thank you.