DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  What is SRMBootstrapServlet and why does it take so long to stop?

Posted Feb 28, 2017 05:49 PM

We just upgraded to Spectrum 10.2 and got bit by the lib directory changing bug on install.  Part of the fix is to stop and restart tomcat.  Since I have been sitting here for the last 45 minutes staring at 15 SRM servers that have been saying "INFO: Destroying Spring FrameworkServlet 'SRMBootstrapServlet'" I started to wonder what this is and why it is taking so long for it to stop.  Can anyone explain what it may be doing and how long I should expect to wait for these SRM systems to stop?  Is there anything that can be done to speed up the shutdown process so that I can get back online?

• 2.  Re: What is SRMBootstrapServlet and why does it take so long to stop?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 01, 2017 07:59 AM

Hey Bill,

I took a look at the code around this.

This Servlet cannot stop until MySQL is done doing what it is doing…amongst other things that make sense to smarter people ☺

So I would want to see what MySQL is doing at the time you stop it.

If there are any outstanding queries that need to finish before mysql is done that might be one potential cause here.

Thanks,

Matt

• 3.  Re: What is SRMBootstrapServlet and why does it take so long to stop?

Posted Mar 23, 2017 04:55 AM

FYI, in my case it was the following query, running for 19 hours:

| 214 | CR_user  | <CABI server>:48742 | reporting | Execute | 70210 | Copying to tmp table            | SELECT e.entity_name, e.entity_id, l.domain_name,CONCAT(e.entity_name," ",'(@',l.domain_name,')') na |

I killed it with "kill 214;" and things continued...

Regards

Maik

• 4.  Re: What is SRMBootstrapServlet and why does it take so long to stop?

Posted Mar 24, 2017 10:37 AM

We don't have SRM running on these servers, but that is interesting to know.  Once we can get Multi-SRM/Multi-Tenant in Jaspersoft, I may have to keep an eye out for that.