DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Virtual Host Manager unavailable after CA Spectrum 9.4.2.1.62 to 10.2 migration - bug?

Posted Jun 14, 2017 01:52 AM

Hello All,

I have tried migrating one of my standalone Spectrum server from 9.4.2.1.62 to 10.2  by using the 9.4.2.1 ssdb. After the migration, Virtual Host Manager seems to have disappeared from the Navigation and the vcenter and ESX models seems to have been moved under Active Directory and Exchange Server Manager view . In fact Active Directory and Exchange Server Manager view is listed twice in the Navigation

Are there any known issues/bugs with the migration to 10.2 specific to VHM? Have anyone come across such issue ?

As in 9.4.2 

After migrating to 10.2 using the same ssdb

• 2.  Re: Virtual Host Manager unavailable after CA Spectrum 9.4.2.1.62 to 10.2 migration - bug?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2017 02:50 AM

Hi Phani,

What happens if you load a legacy Database save ? Can you also verify if the user in question has any restricted privileges in One click?  Select the user in question, Select the "Access Tab" in the Contents Pane, and then look at the "privileges" tab in the component detail pane. 

Make sure the user has access to VHM.

Regards,

Tarun

• 3.  Re: Virtual Host Manager unavailable after CA Spectrum 9.4.2.1.62 to 10.2 migration - bug?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 14, 2017 05:23 AM

I think I found the cause ...its actually tomcat which is messing up things here . This weird view shows up randomly when the OneClick is launched . Not sure why its happening , but it seems to be because of the tomcat