DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  How does USMOtherIPAddresses attribute on a Spectrum model gets updated?

Posted May 19, 2017 01:56 AM

Hello All,

Any clue from where "USMOtherIPAddresses"  attribute on a model picks up the IP address information from a device? I was trying to search a device using Host Finder and could see the same device being returned in search results for two different IP addresses . This is a IP Device modeled as pingable and actually has only one IP address assigned to it but has two different IP addresses assigned to "USMOtherIPAddresses"  attribute .Is there any way a pingable model can update  "USMOtherIPAddresses"  attribute with two different IP addresses?

Any advice would be helpful

Thanks,

• 2.  Re: How does USMOtherIPAddresses attribute on a Spectrum model gets updated?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2017 05:41 AM

Hi Phani,

Some information from my notes:

USM_OTHER_IPS = 0x5b60004:
    This starts by reading all the IP Addresses for the device from the address
    registry. It iterates through all those addresses and builds a list into a
    string buffer.
    The ip address registry is populated mainly be reading the ipAddressTable
    on the device and by reading information from the following the following
    mibs if supported by the device:

RFC_2465_MIB
    RFC_4293_MIB
    CISCO_IETF_IP_MIB
    NDP_APP

Because of this, pingable device will not properly populate the address registry.

Best regards,

Glenn

• 3.  Re: How does USMOtherIPAddresses attribute on a Spectrum model gets updated?

Posted May 21, 2017 06:50 PM

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the details , the confusing part here is that the pingable device which I am speaking about actually has USMOtherIPAddresses attribute updated with two different IP address which should not be the case .Not sure how this happened as this is a pingable device  and I don't see this attribute to be editable to update it manually either 

Thanks,

Phani