DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  How can I export Performance data via Restful interface? And how can I import data?

Posted Feb 01, 2017 10:48 AM

Dear Community,

I have some questions about the Restful interface of the Performance Management 3.0.

The first Question is, how can I export performance data via the Rest Api?

And the second question is how can I import data (via Rest or direct via Performance Center) from other sources like (My)SQL or comma separated values file format?

I hope you can help me. Thank you in advance. I will waiting for your answer.

Best regards.

• 2.  Re: How can I export Performance data via Restful interface? And how can I import data?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 01, 2017 10:54 AM

Hello C S,

The CAPM OpenAPI tool is what you'd want to use to export data. Read about it here...

OpenAPI - CA Performance Management - 3.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

There is no function available at this time that allows direct import of data in the way you describe. We have supported Data Sources that can gather data from other tools like ADA, NFA, Spectrum, etc.

We also have our CAMM product that can import data from non-SNMP devices, but nothing for external data from, for example other DB's.

Hope that helps answer your questions.

Thanks,

Mike

• 3.  Re: How can I export Performance data via Restful interface? And how can I import data?

Posted Feb 02, 2017 04:02 AM

Hello Michael Poller,

thank you for your answer. Is it possible to export performance data via Rest, too?

• 4.  Re: How can I export Performance data via Restful interface? And how can I import data?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 02, 2017 12:02 PM

C S,

There are no methods to export data via REST.

The only alternative to the OpenAPI tools is the Bulk Data Export tool. That is documented here:

Bulk Data Export - CA Performance Management - 3.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Let us know if you have further follow up questions.

Thanks,

Mike