DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Are users here happier with Jaspersoft or with the previous SAP Report Manager?

Posted Jan 12, 2017 08:07 AM

Hi everyone,

Now that Jaspersoft has been integrated in the wild for quite some time, I was wondering about your experiences. Would you say it's been a change for the better, and if so what was most noticeable? If not, what do you dislike about the solution?

• 2.  Re: Are users here happier with Jaspersoft or with the previous SAP Report Manager?

Posted Feb 07, 2017 03:05 AM

So far JasperSoft is my dream come true. I hated that Business Integration nonsense. Drove me to drink.

• 3.  Re: Are users here happier with Jaspersoft or with the previous SAP Report Manager?

Posted Feb 08, 2017 05:59 AM

Your comment reminds me of that "Drinking problem" joke from Airplane!  

Any "gotchas" encountered during installation and integration? Something that wasn't in the documentation?

• 4.  Re: Are users here happier with Jaspersoft or with the previous SAP Report Manager?

Posted Feb 08, 2017 06:31 AM

My installation went smooth (Win 2012 R2). The only thing I did differently from the documentation was that I customized pretty much every port config. I had previously had issues where default ports conflicted with each other (if memory serves this was with the shutdown ports mostly). So to be safe I changed every port I could during installation. I run Oneclick with Report Manger and Jaspersoft on one server and Spectrum on another server.

I also remember having to fiddle with the security preference setting to get Jaspersoft to populate reports with actual data. I think I disabled Security if I remember right. This could be specific to my environment though.

That was it. Everything else just worked.