DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum MIB Tools How to remove an attribute mapping ?

Posted Nov 28, 2016 05:32 AM

Hello Community

I have a problem.

From a MIB file that contains errors (CHECKPOINT-MIB), I Coded in Spectrum an attribute (asgSensorStatus) with a wrong type for the variable.

How can I remove this mapping ? (0xfff00149).

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards

#SPECTRUM #MIBTools

#AttributeID #MIBTools #SPECTRUM

• 2.  Re: Spectrum MIB Tools How to remove an attribute mapping ?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 28, 2016 10:05 AM

You cannot remove it, unless you reload the Catalog from a previous save, before mapping the attribute to the models. 

• 3.  Re: Spectrum MIB Tools How to remove an attribute mapping ?

Posted Nov 30, 2016 05:47 AM

Hello CatalinF
    You say that an Attribut ID (Attribute Support) is saved in the Catalog (This part of the SSDB). Am I right ?
    Good To know !!!

One more question please : Can we choose as the trap support with the developper ID, the Attribute Code ?

Thank you for having taken time to answer me ;-)

• 4.  Re: Spectrum MIB Tools How to remove an attribute mapping ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2016 08:01 AM
      |   view attached

For trap mapping, you don’t need a developer id.  You can use any acceptable hex number that isn’t already used.  If you map them in mibtools, in the advanced area, there’s an option to set the hex value.  If you’ve already mapped them, then you’ll need to manually change the values in the /custom/Events/CsEvFormat and CsEvPCause files to match.  Push the changes to all SS and then on each VNM press the Update Event Configuration button in the SpectroSERVER Control area.  You will also need to push the EvFormat and PCause files to your OC and reload them from the OC Administration page.

Cheers

Jay