Unable to start NCMService.exe, had some issues earlier and killed the process, it did not restart and now when I try to start it manually it gives the following message.
What can I do to get this running again? Thanks in advance!
How are you trying to start it?
It should be started by processd.
You can use launchinstdbapp to do that:
Screenshot attached showing where to run it from and what command to run.
Change the hostname, is all.
Its a little difficult to tell on your screen shot what command you ran to get that message. It looks like you're in a Windows CMD prompt, but not able to tell which directory or what command was run.
That said, NCMService.exe is a process that is managed by processd.exe by default. Processd should restart NCMService.exe automatically as long as its still configured to do so.
First you can try launching NCMService through processd tickets:
- in Windows CMD type bash -login to log into Bash shell, which will bring you to the <SPECROOT> directory
- nav to the /bin directory
- run ./launchinstadbapp.exe <hostname> NCMSERV y NCMSERV.OUT
- where <hostname> is the hostname of the SpectroServer
Verify the output shows NCM Service Started and make note of the PID
If NCM Service still did not start, you can verify processd is configured to restart it:
- nav to <SPECROOT>/lib/SDPM/Partslist
- find the file NCMSERV.idb and view the contents in a text editor
- Look for
If these are N, then change to Y and save the file, and restart processd (NOTE: restarting processd will cause the SpectroSERVER to gracefully shut down - so please be aware of any interruption this may cause):
- nav up one level to <SPECROOT>/lib/SDPM
- run ./processd.pl stop
- wait for processd to fully stop all managed services (a minute or so)
- run ./processd.pl start
Verify NCM Service has started
If after performing these steps and NCM Service still has not started, then you may want to open a support ticket for a closer look.
Hope that helps!