DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

What is the difference between the Condition and the Condition Value attributes in Spectrum ?

• 1.  What is the difference between the Condition and the Condition Value attributes in Spectrum ?

Posted Jan 21, 2016 09:57 AM

Hi,

Could someone explain

- what the difference is between the Condition attribute 0x1000a, which is a string associated to a number. Ex: "suppressed (5)" and the Condition_Value attribute 0x1000b which is just a number ?

- what are the mechanism inside Spectrum that changes 0x1000a and 0x1000b ? Especially I would like to know what can set the Condition to "suppressed(5)", and what can turn it back to "normal"

- How it can happen that both attributes don't get the same value: I have seen cases where the Condition is 5 but the Value is 0. I have seen that on interfaces (Gen_IF_Port model type) and on "User Customisation" models.

Thanks,

Veronique

• 2.  Re: What is the difference between the Condition and the Condition Value attributes in Spectrum ?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 22, 2016 04:45 AM

Hi,

please take a look in the documentation

Spectrum_Modeling_IT_Infrastructure_Admin_ENU.pdf

And search "Attributes Determining Condition and Rollup Condition"there is a section explaining it.

The condition reflects the color of the model (green, orange, brown, blue, red, gray, yellow).

The Condition_Value will be used in rollup condition of its container.

Gray comes from the fault isolation. And typically pingables are not red when they aren't contactable but blue (value_when_red=0).

This documentation is very important to read and explains the whole mechanisme.

Regards,

Philippe