DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Event Model for non existing model

Posted Feb 20, 2017 02:33 AM

Dears,

I am trying to do snmp based integration of third party system in CA Spectrum and created an eventadmin model for the same.

Is it possible to create event model (based on snmp trap variable like hostname) under eventAdmin and map the alerts to it?

Regards

Ajit C 

• 2.  Re: Event Model for non existing model

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2017 05:13 PM

Hi Ajit,

I believe the following KB article addresses your question:

Assert trap on EventAdmin model instead of creating new EventModel

The above KB article describes a similar scenario but where you don't want to create the Event Model.

• 3.  Re: Event Model for non existing model

Posted Feb 20, 2017 11:07 PM

Hi Mohammed,

thanks for reply but i am looking other way round.

• 4.  Re: Event Model for non existing model

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 20, 2017 09:04 PM

Hi Ajit,

You can achieve what you are trying to do utilizing Southbound Gateway. Please refer the following

Southbound Gateway Toolkit - CA Spectrum - 10.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Create an EventModel Model - CA Spectrum - 10.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 5.  Re: Event Model for non existing model

Posted Feb 20, 2017 11:11 PM

Hi Widjaja,

Thanks for reply, but I have mapped trap using MIB tools so eventdisp and alertmap files on which i am working are from custom folder and I am not aware about how it will be get done in this case. Can you please guide on this..

Regards

Ajit C

• 6.  Re: Event Model for non existing model

Posted Feb 21, 2017 01:33 AM

Dears,

I am able to create event models but its taking combinations of multiple unique id values.

eg. event variable 1 - hostname

event variable 4 - description

so while creating eventmodel its taking <hostname_description> values.

now how to restrict it to use only hostname here?

Also can we have dynamic alarm title condition and event condition together?

Regards

Ajit C

• 7.  Re: Event Model for non existing model

Posted Feb 21, 2017 10:55 PM

Dears,

Any input you can give on this?

• 8.  Re: Event Model for non existing model
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 22, 2017 05:11 PM

Hi Ajit,

Please refer to Event Data Template Fields - CA Spectrum - 10.2 - CA Technologies Documentation. Event variable 1 - 6 are being used to construct Unique Identifier as the target model. If event variable 1 - 6 have values you will have <1>_<2>_<3>_<4>_ <5>_<6> as the Event Model name. If the hostname (event variable 1) is unique enough then you need to configure your Alert Mapping for the trap so it doesn't have values for event variable 2 - 6, i.e. map the trap variable binding that contains description value to other event variable, such as 101, etc.

With regards to dynamic alarm title, please refer

Working with Events and Alarms - CA Spectrum - 10.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 9.  Re: Event Model for non existing model

Posted Feb 24, 2017 12:03 AM

Thanks for reply Widjaja, I have already seen that document and able to achieve the result.

Regards

Ajit C