DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Failed To Create The Vendor Certification

Posted Feb 08, 2017 04:18 PM

Hi everyone

When I try to create a Vendor Certification on CA PM in 6 step, after of set a OID to each expression. when I click on save to finish the process immediate appear a window with error messages (look imagine below):

How can I fix this issue: 

Step 1

filled the field either name and description.

step 2

I chose NQA-MIB mib because It's the feature of huawei vendor to perform and measure of quality of network. adittional to get the metrics of jitter, latency and packet loss in a network. NQA of Huawei is equal to IP SLA of CISCO.

Step 3

I picked up OID families to get the measures of metrics. In this case NqaJitterStatsEntry.

Step 4

I selected Response Path test ICMP. because is the metric family that have a bunch of metrics that I need collect data from diferent test of NQA of jitter, latency and packet lost.

Step 5

I set the different metric expression base on the oid selected on step 2. this to collected all data of the differents OID.

finally, I click on save to complete the process. but in that moment appears a error's message that I show in the first image that I post here.

This is the error message that appear when I try creating a vendor certification. 

CA support say that this error happens the user don't set up a expression for the name and index metrics. But like I show in 5 step. I set up a expression for those metrics.

• so my question is: can someone tell me how can I fix this issue? Do I lack another metric by set up a expression?

plus

I used mib tools to check all those oid to create this vendor certification.

OID:1.3.6.1.4.1.2011.5.25.111.4.3.1

Router that perform all nqa test 

Quidway NE 40E-3:

Huawei Versatile Routing Platform Software
    VRP (R) software, Version 5.150 (NE40E&80E V600R007C00SPC300)
    Copyright (C) 2000-2013 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
    HUAWEI NE40E-X3

• 2.  Re: Failed To Create The Vendor Certification
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2017 08:30 AM

Not exactly sure what the error means, but what happens if you try using a REST client?  Not knowing what version you are using, here is the 2.8 documentation Create or Extend Vendor Certifications - CA Performance Management - 2.8 - CA Technologies Documentation 

For a new certification it states:

1. Set up a REST client with a connection to the Data Aggregator server.

2. Enter the following URL to retrieve the template vendor certification:

• New Certification: http://da_hostname:8581/typecatalog/certifications/snmp/cert_name

• Extension: http:

cert_name specifies the name of the vendor certification, which is an attribute of the FacetType tag.

3. Select GET in the Method tab, and run the method.
      The REST client returns the XML information for the vendor certification.
      Use the XML as a template to create the custom or extended vendor certification.

Given that you seem to be working with response path icmp, you could use the following as a template: 

http://<da>:8581/typecatalog/certifications/snmp/CiscoICMPJitterMib 

Then tweak it to meet your needs, then import it

I know we have seen some issues with the wizard, and it it typically recommended to use REST instead

Joe

• 3.  Re: Failed To Create The Vendor Certification

Posted May 18, 2017 07:08 AM

Do you have the VC created for NQA? I would be very interested in a such certification, if you would be so kind to share it with the rest of us.  

• 4.  Re: Failed To Create The Vendor Certification

Posted May 18, 2017 07:50 AM

I made a custom vendor certification of NQA tests based on DISMAN-PING-MIB and HH3C-NQA-MIB during a PoC of CA PM.

I made 2 files :

• NQA simple Ping test DISMAN-PING-MIB + hh3cNqaResultsRttSum to calculate the standard deviation of the response time.
    • NQA Jitter with or without voice. DISMAN-PING-MIB + all a bunch of hh3cNqaMib counters

I did nothing with the GUI, I worked only with XML files to populate NormalizedICMPInfo and NormalizedJitterInfo Metric Families. I took Juniper PING and Cisco RTTMON files as example to create my files.

Then I submitted my certifications to the DA with the REST API.

My work is surely not perfect (mixing OIDs from table with an index on the left and with a subindex on the right is not that simple and I propably made some mistakes) and some of my formulas may be  wrong but I can poll my HH3C devices.

NQA Test integration - Self certification

Yet all the other NQA test certifications are still to be created.