DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Global Collection Not visible in CA Spectrum Reports

Posted Feb 02, 2016 01:46 AM

Dear All,

We have CA spectrum 9.3 installed in Linux environment.

Recently spectrum server crashed and we restored that using SSDB and DDMdb backups. After that no reports are not available in Java Infoview (No record found while generating reports). Also there here is no global collection available in the reports.

Please help us to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Swapnil

• 2.  Re: Global Collection Not visible in CA Spectrum Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 02, 2016 04:48 AM

Hi Swapnil,

If you are familiar with MySQL command line, you can run the following queries to narrow down this issue.

1. Open a bash shell on the SRM (Spectrum Report Manager) machine

2. Navigate to $SPECROOT/mysql/bin directory

3. Run: ./mysql --defaults-file=../my-spectrum.cnf -uroot -proot reporting

4. Run the following MySQL query:

SELECT gc.gc_rec_id, gc.gc_name FROM globalcollection gc WHERE EXISTS ( SELECT 1 FROM gcmodel gcm, model m, v_security_string_accessibility_by_landscape v WHERE gcm.gc_rec_id = gc.gc_rec_id AND gcm.model_key = m.model_key AND m.landscape_h = v.landscape_h LIMIT 1 ) ORDER BY gc.gc_name;

If the Global Collections are listed, then run the next query - Note: The 'spectrum' account in the query below is the Spectrum Install Owner account, replace it with your Spectrum installation account:

SELECT gc.gc_rec_id, gc.gc_name FROM globalcollection gc WHERE EXISTS ( SELECT 1 FROM gcmodel gcm, model m, v_security_string_accessibility_by_landscape v WHERE gcm.gc_rec_id = gc.gc_rec_id AND gcm.model_key = m.model_key AND m.landscape_h = v.landscape_h AND m.security_string = v.security_string AND v.user_name = 'spectrum'   LIMIT 1 ) ORDER BY gc.gc_name;

If the Global Collection are listed, then take note of WKP_ProxyUserSecurity account (in the InfoView parameter page) and run the MySQL query above with that account (replace the spectrum account with the WKP_ProxyUserSecurity account):

WKP_ProxyUserSecurity.png

If the Global Collections are not listed, there is a possible issue with Security String. Try restarting the Spectrum Tomcat service.

Thanks,

Silvio

• 3.  Re: Global Collection Not visible in CA Spectrum Reports

Posted Jul 22, 2016 02:42 AM

Hi Silvio,

Even after restarting spectrum tomcat service GCs are not available. When I executed both the queries provided by you , I can see GCs.

Please help us to resolve Security String issue.

Regards,

Swapnil

• 4.  Re: Global Collection Not visible in CA Spectrum Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 22, 2016 08:36 AM

Hi Swpnil,

If both queries have the same outputs, then there is a different issue.

I would suggest you to open a case at CA Technical support to further investigate this issue.

Thanks,

Silvio