DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Southbound Gateway

Posted Mar 15, 2016 07:34 AM

Hi, I am using Southbound Gateway integration via SNMP traps from third-party application. I found in documentation this note:

"If you specify both a unique ID (using a combination of fields 1 through 6) and a Target Name (using fields 7 or 16), Southbound Gateway sends the event to both the EventModel specified by the unique ID and the model specified by the Target Name."

I'm trying to get such a result, but when I'm mapping SNMP trap variables simultaneously to fields 1, 2 and 7, spectrum sent only one event for model with Target Name=<7> and no event for EventModel <1>_<2>.

Debug in VNM.OUT have output like:

Processing vardata of TARGET_NAME{_INSENSITIVE} on mh 0x80a31a (<application-name>)

Sending event to local model on mh 0x80a31f

Creating event 0xfff00001 on model 0x80a31f (<host>)

When field 7 is undefined, event sent to EventModel with UniqueID <1>_<2>, as expected.

Is it Southbound Gateway problem or may be my misunderstanding of documentation?

• 2.  Re: Southbound Gateway

Posted Mar 15, 2016 09:17 AM

Does an EventModel with UniqueID <1>_<2> already exist when the trap is received?

• 3.  Re: Southbound Gateway
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 15, 2016 01:56 PM

I just ran a test in my lab and it does look like this is not functioning as it is documented. I recommend opening a case with CA Spectrum Support to get this looked at.

Let me know the case number and I will work with the Support Engineer assigned.