DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Monitorable items in Spectrum/SystemEDGE/Performance Center - Documentations

Posted Jul 09, 2015 08:24 AM

Hi All,

I need to find documentations that will help describe the individual monitorable items in Spectrum, SystemEDGE, Performance Center, and possibly VAIM.

Can anyone help me with this?

• 2.  Re: Monitorable items in Spectrum/SystemEDGE/Performance Center - Documentations

Posted Jul 09, 2015 08:29 AM

Hello Teja,

They are well detailed in wiki.ca.com under their product areas.

• 3.  Re: Monitorable items in Spectrum/SystemEDGE/Performance Center - Documentations

Posted Jul 09, 2015 08:30 AM

Let me know if you are looking for any specifics

• 4.  Re: Monitorable items in Spectrum/SystemEDGE/Performance Center - Documentations

Posted Jul 09, 2015 12:20 PM

The SystemEDGE user guide within the bookshelf can also be helpful. I don't believe that we fully migrated all VAIM documentation over to the wiki just yet.

While more complicated and advanced, you could also look at all of the metrics within the EMPIRE, RFC2790 (AKA HostResources) and MIB-2 MIBs. These can be found in the [SystemEDGE install dir]\mib directory. They are *.asn1 files which are just flat text files. You could load this into a GUI MIB Browser such as iReasoning MIB Browser.

• 5.  Re: Monitorable items in Spectrum/SystemEDGE/Performance Center - Documentations

Posted Jul 09, 2015 08:40 PM

Hi All,

I've got a department asking me "What can Spectrum monitor?", "What can SystemEDGE monitor?".  It was something that I've asked from our implementers years back, but they were unable to give us a list of it.

The scary thing is, which happened years back, one of our implementers said there were no such documentation because of the massive amount of matrixes involved.

So, when a new Project Manager asks me what items can be monitored or provide them with a list of what Spectrum or SystemEDGE can monitor, I don't know what to give them.  My verbal explanation was just not enough.

help

• 6.  Re: Monitorable items in Spectrum/SystemEDGE/Performance Center - Documentations

Posted Jul 12, 2015 01:56 AM

Sorry Teja. I don't have any such doc in my repository.

I will try to get it from Sales teams incase they have any

Guys,

Any helpful info for Teja?