DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to have more than one Spectrum Report Manager integrated with the same Jasper Server?

Posted Feb 06, 2017 10:14 AM

We have two different Spectrum environment and we'd like to use a single Jasper Reports server for both of them. Is it possible?

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to have more than one Spectrum Report Manager integrated with the same Jasper Server?

Posted Feb 06, 2017 10:39 AM

Hello Elio,

Each Spectrum environment needs to have it's own Jasper server.

Regards,

Dencel

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to have more than one Spectrum Report Manager integrated with the same Jasper Server?

Posted Feb 06, 2017 12:16 PM

I thought it was possible to add multiple data sources to a single Jasper Server, but thanks anyway for your answer!

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to have more than one Spectrum Report Manager integrated with the same Jasper Server?

Posted Feb 07, 2017 08:07 AM

That is going to be a massive problem for us.  Do you know when we will be able to support multiple SRM systems as data sources for Jaspersoft?  Without that we won't be able to move off of Business Objects, and I will have a riot on my hands with how much my users hate Business Objects.

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to have more than one Spectrum Report Manager integrated with the same Jasper Server?
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 07, 2017 08:37 AM

Spectrum documentation (CABI JasperReports Server Integration with CA Spectrum - CA Spectrum - 10.2 - CA Technologies Documentation ) states the following

Features not supported in this release

The following features (available with CABI BOXI) are not supported with CA Spectrum and CABI JasperReports Server Integration in the current release:

1. Multi-tenancy 
    2. Multi-SRM reports 
    3. Ad Hoc reporting on Alarm and Alarm Activity domains

This functionality may be included in a future release. If you need to have this functionality, please create an "Idea" on the Idea wall https://communities.ca.com/create-idea!input.jspa?sr=cmenu&contentType=3227383&containerType=14&containerID=3008 

Regards,

Dencel

• 6.  Re: Is it possible to have more than one Spectrum Report Manager integrated with the same Jasper Server?

Posted Feb 07, 2017 08:40 AM

I know our development teams are working on Multi-SRM support.  We are just not sure when / what release that will be in.

You could, in theory, create your own data source in Jasper to point to a different SRM host.

On that topic, you could also create a “copy” of our report with a name like “Alarm Log – All (SRM Host 2)”

Then update the properties on that report to use the new data source you created.

Incredibly manual, and obviously not support by CA Support.  But this is in theory possible to do from an administrative perspective for those looking for a project! ☺

Attempting to put screenshots – not sure if these will make it through.