DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

Move Models only from One SS to Another

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Move Models only from One SS to Another

Posted 01-26-2016 05:45 PM

Fault tolerance setup is not an option for me. My question is how do I move Models Only safely (i.e. Network devices, Servers etc.) from one SS poller (Prod) to completely different SS poller (backup), I tried to use SSdbsave with -m option, but It looks like the new SS got the landscape handles as well and completely messed up the landscape map in Prod, I had to open ticket with CA and got help using Map Update utility to fix the issues. (It took a few days to fix). Thinking I might have made mistake in Save -m and Load, tried again, exactly same issue with lscape map and another CA ticket.

I have 10 SS in Production (distributed). And have created 10 new servers that will mimic 10 in Production as a backup. ArchServ Replicator is one option we are thinking of in future, but at this time, need a way manually to move models - and safely so Prod isn't affected (or stated another way Prod knows nothing new SS). If someone can give guidance, that'll be great help. thank you.

• 2.  Re: Move Models only from One SS to Another
    Best Answer

Posted 01-27-2016 02:11 AM

I think, the right tool for you is the Modelling Gateway.

Look in SS-Tools. There is  also the "modelinggateway_import_sample.xml".

I'm sure, you will also find a documentation.

With this tool you should be able to copy devices and their  topology to another landscape.

Regards, Frank

• 3.  Re: Move Models only from One SS to Another

Posted 01-27-2016 11:54 AM

Thank you much. Yes found the sample and the documentations.

This looks like exactly what I needed. Thanks again. Appreciate it.