DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  juniper qfx 5100 not showing any interface data in performance center 2.3.3

Posted Nov 05, 2015 12:55 AM

I see that the interface metric family is supported but i am not seeing any interface data. I see CPU and system but no interface. CA support say that i have to self certify the device. How do i that. Any suggestion would help

• 2.  Re: juniper qfx 5100 not showing any interface data in performance center 2.3.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2015 09:08 AM

Hi saad.syed,

Does this request happen to tie back to an open support case a team mate of your's is working on with me? I was waiting on a MIB dump of the device to see if we can simulate it in house in a lab server if it is the same case.

According to the site listing certified devices, Data Aggregator Certification Portal, this isn't an officially certified device. Despite that, assuming there is data in the standard interface MIB table data, we would expect to see that Interface MF supported. Why it is yet no data is seen is curious. It could be device related, or it could be certification related.

Hard to say what the correct solution is here without properly determining a root cause.

Thanks,

Mike

• 3.  Re: juniper qfx 5100 not showing any interface data in performance center 2.3.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2015 01:09 PM

are there events o n the device?  if so, what are they?  are these large devices (i.e. many interfaces or other components)?  if so, these may be "sensitive" devices and you may want to atleast try polling them less (every 10 mins as opposed to say every 5)  Also, possibly do some filtering on some of the components.  these are just some high level things  you can look at doing

• 4.  Re: juniper qfx 5100 not showing any interface data in performance center 2.3.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 19, 2016 01:15 PM

Hello saad.syed,

Does this remain a problem? Was some kind of solution ever determined?

Thanks,

Michael