DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  use the internal telnet client to a different port

Posted Nov 05, 2015 02:40 PM

Hi All,

I would like to use the internal Oneclick telnet client to connect to a different port, as an extra option. when right-clicking a device. I know about attr 0x11e24 (TelnetPortNum) and thath it can be changed to something else (e.g. 2001) but that disables the telnet functionality and I need them both.

I do have it working fine when using an external telnet client but that depends heavily on the users workstation configuration. So my wish is to have an extra option in the right-click menu which connects to a different port.

many thanks

Hans

• 2.  Re: use the internal telnet client to a different port

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 09, 2015 01:53 PM

Hi Hans,

Are you trying to have this functionality considered for implementation in a future release?

This looks to me like an 'Idea', but was submitted as a question.

If you want this to be looked at by the project management team, please resubmit this as an 'Idea.'

More Information on this process.

• 3.  Re: use the internal telnet client to a different port

Posted Nov 10, 2015 09:07 AM

Hi Philip,

Thanks, but no I was not posting an idea here. I was investigating wether or not this is already possible in the current version

thanks,

Hans

• 4.  Re: use the internal telnet client to a different port

Posted Nov 13, 2015 09:27 AM

Hello Hans,

May be you can try creating new menu item and then configure the telnet application with the custom port. You might also need to create a new attribute on the required model type which you can use in your xml.

But this seemed to me like an IDEA.

• 5.  Re: use the internal telnet client to a different port

Posted Nov 23, 2015 03:11 PM

Hi Kaylan,

Thanks for your response, I almost missed it.

Well, one question still is, how to invoke the internal telnet application via the menu customization? That is for me still the missing piece. Perhaps I do need to consider opening a support case for this.

About the extra attribute, that is possible but I may also be able to calculate it based on the model type. I think I can solve that (in general I try to avoid extra/new attributes. The database is big enough as it is)

On the side discussion wheter I should post this as an idea, I don't agree (yet). I want to make use of something which is already present and my assumption is that with the correct xml I can make this work. I hope(d) that this doesn't involve any serious coding for CA but who knows...