DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to discover SPM tests created on SystemEDGE as read write?

• 1.  Is it possible to discover SPM tests created on SystemEDGE as read write?

Posted Jul 01, 2016 09:52 AM

I created a lot of SPM tests on a vm with SystemEDGE and the Service Response Monitoring AIM from the OneClick UI and after rediscovering the VMWare manager, the vm was rediscovered as well (deleted and then created as a new model), so I have to discover the created tests again. The thing is that I'm receiving the following message:

SPC-OCC-11599: Read/write Test discovery is not implemented for this test host.

So if I discover these tests in Read mode only, I will not be able to edit them from the UI, but directly from the configuration file, which is not practical at all.

I found a techincal note from 2013 in which CA said they were considering to add this feature in future releases: http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec519549.aspx

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to discover SPM tests created on SystemEDGE as read write?

Posted Jul 01, 2016 03:57 PM

Hi Elio

I will check.  Which version of Spectrum do you have?

Scott

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to discover SPM tests created on SystemEDGE as read write?

Posted Jul 04, 2016 10:57 AM

9.4.3 and 10.1.1

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to discover SPM tests created on SystemEDGE as read write?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 05, 2016 03:47 PM

Hi Elio

It has not changed as of 10.1.1.  It would be worth submitting an idea for it.  Please copy me

Thanks

Scott