DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum Firmware Upload Verification

Posted Apr 21, 2016 10:27 AM

During a 'Firmware Upload Task', does Spectrum complete any image verification like a MD5 checksum? Has anyone had issues with Spectrum pushing out a Firmware upgrade and failing?

I read the documentation and it does not mention anything about verification of the uploaded image. It seems that Spectrum doesn't do checking and is prone to errors with this task.

My issue is that if Spectrum isn't verifying the image and the pushed image is bad, a reload occurs, then the device is dead and we need someone to jump on a plane to fix it. We have done firmware pushes in the past, but I want more information and real life experiences.

Our process is to push manually to one device, verify the checksum, and then continue with Spectrum push. That helps, but the image can still get mangled in the transfer.

• 2.  Re: Spectrum Firmware Upload Verification
    Best Answer

Posted May 17, 2016 11:12 AM

HI Karl,

I do not believe Spectrum will do this.

I believe your process is the best one.

Verify the MD5 checksum locally before using Spectrum to upload the image to the device.

I would suggest an Idea Wall post on this!  I like it.  We should be able to verify the MD5 Checksum value on some level, even if you supply the value to Spectrum.

As long as we have something to compare it with.

Thanks
    Matt

kiran_diwakar

• 3.  Re: Spectrum Firmware Upload Verification

Posted May 17, 2016 12:28 PM

Please vote for this idea if you agree. Feel free to edit/add to the idea. Spectrum Firmware Upload Verification