DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Tech Tip: CA Spectrum 10.1 Adds Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Access Point Support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 19, 2016 10:15 AM

Tech Tip: CA Spectrum 10.1 Adds Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Access Point Support

CA Spectrum Tech Tip by Bill Wolforth, Senior Support Engineer for January 19, 2016

CA Spectrum 10.1 Adds Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Access Point Support

Description:

The CA Spectrum 10.1 release supports the monitoring of Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers (WLC) and connected Cisco Access Points (AP). This allows discovery and modeling of different series of Cisco WLCs and APs (end to end with complete WLC network topology and connections) between WLC, L2/L3 devices and APs. All WLC devices modeled are listed under new WLC Manager Hierarchy in OC Console with respective APs listed under each WLC device for easy identification and administration.

The WLC device information tab has different views providing insights into details of wireless configuration, access points, mobile stations, thresholds and so on. The WLC devices can be monitored for different traps, events, alarms, and thresholds.

Solution:

For more information on this topic please see:

https://docops.ca.com/display/CASP101/WLC+Manager

• 2.  Re: Tech Tip: CA Spectrum 10.1 Adds Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Access Point Support

Posted Aug 01, 2018 05:30 AM

Hello All,

One of my WLAN controller having around 400 APs and all APs are modeled into Spectrum with controller.

Is there any way to remove some APs from spectrum and they should not be rediscover even if WLAN controller rediscovery ?

• 3.  Re: Tech Tip: CA Spectrum 10.1 Adds Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Access Point Support

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2018 10:58 AM

Hi Rahul,

I don't see any exclude options for AP Discovery. But, you could turn off discovery and delete the AP's you don't want to see. We have a KB for disabling discovery:

Can the automatic discovery/creation of Access Poi - CA Knowledge 

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Bill

• 4.  Re: Tech Tip: CA Spectrum 10.1 Adds Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Access Point Support

Posted Oct 17, 2018 06:48 AM

When i was in the same situation then i search how do i fix connections to bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays in windows 10 and i normally find the best solution.

• 5.  Re: Tech Tip: CA Spectrum 10.1 Adds Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers and Access Point Support

Posted Jan 02, 2019 10:32 AM

Hello All,

I am on Spectrum 10.3.

I didn't see any option to setup CPU and Memory utilization thresholds on APs, is there anyway ?

Thanks in advance....

Rahul Rawat