DX NetOps

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

[CABI Jaspersoft] SQLConnection issue "breeze-w2k8vm3" caused by spectrum_domain_ds config

• 1.  [CABI Jaspersoft] SQLConnection issue "breeze-w2k8vm3" caused by spectrum_domain_ds config

Posted May 04, 2016 10:00 AM

Hi Community,

is anyone already using the CABI Jaspersoft for spectrum? Does anybody know the difference between the shown datasources "spectrum_domain_ds" and "spectrum_ds"?

"spectrum_domain_ds" connects to the srmdbapi database (set of readonly database objects to support custom data analysis requirements) and "spectrum_ds" connects to the reporting database (event data).

I am asking for the difference, because the default settings of "spectrum_domain_ds" seems to have an impact on my jaspersoft server. At least I am able to see some error messages in my std.out file and furthermore I am not able to create and save AdHoc reports. That will result in the error message:

Error Message

An error occurred while creating the connection. Try again.

Error Message

java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: Could not connect to breeze-w2k8vm3:3306 : breeze-w2k8vm3

I am able to see this error message in Jaspersoft on different installations with different server and host names. This is interesting, because host "breeze-w2k8vm3" does not exist at any of this sites and I have not set such a host name during the setup. So every Jaspersoft installation tries to connect to the same unknown server. During investigation, I have seen a weird configuration of the spectrum_domain_ds source. That config contains the unknown host name and credentials, which causes that issue. But I have never set such connection settings and credentials in any configuration or setup file. (screen dump attached)

By the way, the out-of-the-box spectrum reports are running fine and using a correct sql connection to a sql server (defined during the installation). The out-of-the-box reports are using the datasource template named spectrum_ds, which contains the correct sql setup.

I have not seen any errors in the install log files. A full text search for the unknown host name "breeze-w2k8vm3" above all of the install and configuration files does not provide any match.

Is anybody able to recreate this issue on his site as well? Did I miss any hint in the documentation, which asks to change this setting "spectrum_domain_ds" for a working connection?

When I set the connections settings to a working SQL systems (a SRM with srmdbapi db) I am able to save the AdHoc report as expected and the error message regarding a wrong sql connection are gone.

So what does this faulty default config of "spectrum_domain_ds" mean?

Thanks!

JasperIssue.PNG

• 2.  Re: [CABI Jaspersoft] SQLConnection issue "breeze-w2k8vm3" caused by spectrum_domain_ds config
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 04, 2016 08:09 PM

Hi Andre,

This is a bug, could you please submit Support Call Ticket?

• 3.  Re: [CABI Jaspersoft] SQLConnection issue "breeze-w2k8vm3" caused by spectrum_domain_ds config

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 15, 2016 11:49 AM

FYI, this issue will be addressed in Spectrum 10.2. We are also working on a 10.1.1 patch to resolve this issue. We will update this post when the patch is released.

• 4.  Re: [CABI Jaspersoft] SQLConnection issue "breeze-w2k8vm3" caused by spectrum_domain_ds config

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 24, 2016 12:01 AM

Debug patch that fixes this issue is ready. Please check TEC1612786.

• 5.  Re: [CABI Jaspersoft] SQLConnection issue "breeze-w2k8vm3" caused by spectrum_domain_ds config

Posted Jun 24, 2016 02:35 AM

Thanks a lot for the tec doc and fix!