DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  OneClick Client Take a Long Time to Load Itens under Global Collections

Posted Jan 07, 2016 07:03 AM

Hi Folks,

Our OneClick Server is taking a long time to show devices under all the GC. We're using Statics and Dynamics.

OC.JPG

Does someone have any idea what can i do?

I already restart Tomcat and nothing changed.

Cheers,

Carlos

• 2.  Re: OneClick Client Take a Long Time to Load Itens under Global Collections

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 07, 2016 10:13 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Carlos,

What version of Spectrum are you running?

Cheers

Jay

• 3.  Re: OneClick Client Take a Long Time to Load Itens under Global Collections

Posted Jan 07, 2016 11:20 AM

Hi Jay

We're running 9.4.2.1.62

Thank you

Carlos

• 4.  Re: OneClick Client Take a Long Time to Load Itens under Global Collections

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 07, 2016 11:53 AM

Hi Carlos,

Are you seeing any exceptions in your tomcat logs or in your client details window?

If not, I worked with another client that had a similar issue and we were able to resolve it with a combination of using PTF patch 134 for 9.4.2.1 (Spectrum_09.04.02.PTF_9.4.2.134) and changing the model repository to process more reads (Change the following in the

PTF patch 134 has a couple of fixes in it, but it’s the way the backend SS was fixed for the REST API calls that could positively affect this as well.  If you would like it, please open a case and request it as we do not post PTF patches to be generally available (we need to verify they do not conflict with previous patches you have installed).

Either way, since you are running 9.4.2.1 I would recommend installing Spectrum_09.04.02.PTF_9.4.2.134 or you can opt to upgrade to 9.4.3 as the fixes are in 9.4.3 as well (if you take the 9.4.3 route, you may still need to modify the modelrepository entry).

HTH

Jay

Attachment(s)

• 5.  Re: OneClick Client Take a Long Time to Load Itens under Global Collections

Posted Jan 08, 2016 06:34 AM

you can try to change the

ClientHierarchyUpdate.ThrottleCount

from 100.000 to 20.000. The default is often to large what cause a lot of re-transmissions.

SPECROOT/tomcat/webapps/spectrum/WEB-INF/web.xml

<context-param>

<param-name>com.aprisma.ClientHierarchyUpdate.ThrottleCount</param-name>

<param-value>20000</param-value>

<description>

This parameter is the maximum number of nodes that will be sent

to a client in one hierarchy update.

</description>

</context-param>

restart OC.

Regards,

Olaf