DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  CA Spectrum black pipe issue

Posted Mar 22, 2016 01:41 AM

Hi Team,

After discovery devices on one click console, in all device collection of global collection few devices are connected with black pipes. Although they are connected each other properly.

How to resolve the black pipes connection in all device global collection?

Regards,

Anuj

• 2.  Re: CA Spectrum black pipe issue

Posted Mar 22, 2016 02:51 AM

Hi Anuj,

What's the Spectrum Version? Similar problem was reported in 9.2 (not sure of HF level) that was fixed..

Cheers!

-Lakshmi.

• 3.  Re: CA Spectrum black pipe issue

Posted Mar 22, 2016 03:56 AM

Hi Lakshmi,

I am using CA Spectrum 10.1.

Regards,

Anuj

• 4.  Re: CA Spectrum black pipe issue

Posted Mar 22, 2016 10:14 AM

I've seen the same thing on Spectrum 10.0.  Sad to hear it's still not fixed in 10.1.

My scenario involves using cut/copy to move devices between containers in the Universe view.  When the connections redraw after doing a move, they often come back as black pipes.

• 5.  Re: CA Spectrum black pipe issue
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 22, 2016 10:46 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Anuj,

In the view with the black pipes, if you select everything, then cut, wait 10 seconds, paste it back in, does it fix them?

We have a very sensitive part of the code that calculates this status.  Sometimes it has a problem and creates the black pipes.  Cutting/pasting usually fixes it ☺ (if it doesn’t, then usually a case is needed (and a copy of your database) to have our engineering team review it).

Cheers

Jay

• 6.  Re: CA Spectrum black pipe issue

Posted Dec 21, 2018 06:34 AM

Hi everyone,

If you are unable to muster the necessary courage to cut & paste all the content, just doing that on one of the models that are part of the link worked in my environment.

Thanks meaja05!

Best regards,

Zacchi