DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Balanced Distributed Enviroment

Posted Mar 30, 2016 12:41 PM

Hi All,

We are using trap based discovery in our DSS environment and everything is currently discovered on our MLS. However, we now need to distribute the load between additional SS's.

We intend to implement trap director and split evenly the number of models between the SS's as all of our devices send SNMP traps to a single SS and we don't want to change that if possible.

I have a couple of questions:

1. What is the best way to balance the device count automatically across SS?

2. How can we export devices which contain a specific name and programmatically import them into another SS?

I have looked into the modelling gateway for number 2 above, however I am not sure if it can be used exactly as I would intend. It seems this is for exporting all models?

• 2.  Re: Balanced Distributed Enviroment
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 31, 2016 03:25 PM

You can use the RootContainerToExport element in the Modeling Gateway .modelinggatewayresource.xml file to specify which container to export from. By default, all topology and modeling information under the Universe container is exported. You can modify the RootContainerToExport element to specify a different root container from which to export. All the contents of the root container and each of its subcontainers are exported.