DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  MIB Tools - Assign trap alarms - default as Minor

Posted Mar 29, 2016 12:34 PM

Hello,

The "Assign Trap Alarms" utility in "MIB Tools" sets the alarm severity to "None" by default.

If it's left at default, it will create only Event-Format files (apart from EventDisp and AlertMap files). But, I would want them to create PCause files as well.

I am having to click individual traps to set a severity, so that I get the PCause files as well.

Is there an option to change, so that the utility loads up with a severity (say Minor) as default, instead of None.

I know they are a couple of clicks away. But, I have 857 traps to map. I do not want to be "clicking" the whole day.

trapMapping.jpg

Any help / pointers please.

Thanks in advance

-Ramanan

• 2.  Re: MIB Tools - Assign trap alarms - default as Minor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 29, 2016 01:52 PM
      |   view attached

Unfortunately there is no way to multi select the traps to add alarm mappings ☹

I might be able to use an internally developed tool to generate these for you.  Can you email me the mib file(s) and I’ll see if I can do that?  Send them to meaja05@ca.com<mailto:meaja05@ca.com>

Let me know what event/pcause hexadecimal number you need me to start at.

Thanks!

Jay

• 3.  Re: MIB Tools - Assign trap alarms - default as Minor

Posted Mar 31, 2016 08:43 AM

Many thanks for your help Jay.

• 4.  Re: MIB Tools - Assign trap alarms - default as Minor

Posted Apr 07, 2016 04:41 PM

There's probably an enhancement request to come out of this.  I'm not sure about changing the default from none to minor, but maybe a way to change the whole set all at once?  Like a select all/multi-select and change severity tool.  I've run into the same thing several times.  It would also be nice to be able to map clears from the same UI.

• 5.  Re: MIB Tools - Assign trap alarms - default as Minor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 08, 2016 08:31 AM
      |   view attached

Yes, I totally agree with you, it would be nice to have a select all button or something like that in that GUI…Can you log an idea for it?

Thanks!

Jay

• 6.  Re: MIB Tools - Assign trap alarms - default as Minor

Posted Apr 21, 2016 09:15 AM

Ramanan.Raveendran, would you mind submitting this as an Idea? Instant upvote from me if so. We should probably have greater capabilities when mapping traps, like selecting multiple traps and picking a severity for those selected items. Selecting all/choosing a severity....basic functionality in most "list" like applications.

Great idea, surprised nobody has asked for this feature in the past, including myself!

Jeremy