DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum Integration with Packet Design Route Explorer (REX), Unable to retrieve Layer 3 topology data

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 25, 2015 05:21 PM

Does somebody has done this integration, spectrum 9.4.2 and REX 11.0.47? I follow a tip to modify config file in $SPECROOT/IPRM/REX directory  and still have same error, attach imageREX error3.jpg

• 2.  Re: Spectrum Integration with Packet Design Route Explorer (REX), Unable to retrieve Layer 3 topology data
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 02, 2015 07:30 AM

Hi,

I ran into the same problems with Spectrum 9.2.3 and 9.4.0 against RouteExplorer.

Turns out CA only supports _ancient_ versions of RouteExplorer, hence the broken API integration.

I heard some rumours that the Spectrum - IPRM - REX integration were due for an overhaul/fixup in Spectrum v.10.

/Johan

• 3.  Re: Spectrum Integration with Packet Design Route Explorer (REX), Unable to retrieve Layer 3 topology data

Posted Mar 02, 2015 11:08 AM

An overhaul or fix in v10 would be fantastic.  I'd prefer to see it taken one step further and have the REX functionality built right in to Spectrum, but that's probably just wishful thinking.