DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  What's new in Spectrum EventView: The yellow events or only the yellow color?

Posted May 07, 2015 08:23 AM

With Spectrum Version 9.4.2.1 we can see in the OneClick EventView events with yellow background. These events have the  recedence 20.

I previously thought that this is related to the secondary Archive Manager, but now I know, These events are also stored in the prim. Archive Manager.

I can't check this on old servers, that's why my question to the community:

What's really new: The events or only the yellow color?

Regards, Frank

• 2.  Re: What's new in Spectrum EventView: The yellow events or only the yellow color?

Posted May 07, 2015 09:35 AM

You can see event precendence in previous versions of Spectrum, so I'm guessing it's the yellow background color.

EventFilter.png

• 3.  Re: What's new in Spectrum EventView: The yellow events or only the yellow color?

Posted May 08, 2015 02:41 AM

Thank you,

that's a good hint.

Do you know if events are created and written to the ddmdb during the secondary server restarts?

Regards, Frank

• 4.  Re: What's new in Spectrum EventView: The yellow events or only the yellow color?

Posted May 07, 2015 12:02 PM

Elliger,

Do you see this yellow border when your primary is down? In that case, this signify that the events are pulled from secondary archmgr from secondary ddmdb.

• 5.  Re: What's new in Spectrum EventView: The yellow events or only the yellow color?

Posted May 08, 2015 02:30 AM

Kalyan,

I know this case, but this is not my problem for the moment.

We run OLB every 4 hours since we have to restore the database after a crash.

After the OLB restarts the secondary SS and during it's model activation process it generates many events with precedence 20.

I'm not really sure, if this  is new. That's why I asked my question.

With 9.4.2 this events are very noticeable because of the yellow color and now I get some discussions with my users about it.

Maybe this will lead to further questions, but I don't know yet.

Regards Frank.

• 6.  Re: What's new in Spectrum EventView: The yellow events or only the yellow color?

Posted Jun 24, 2015 12:47 AM

Elliger,

We have a similar issue reported by one of our customers. Can you raise a support ticket at this point of time?

• 7.  Re: What's new in Spectrum EventView: The yellow events or only the yellow color?

Posted Jun 24, 2015 04:12 AM

We have already a ticket, opened by my support partner, but there is only work for my support partner and me and no progress so  I wanted to close it.

By now I'm sure there were those events already in previous Versions and I think, CA is able to see these Events too. So, I think, they can analyse it by themselves, if they really want.

But OK, I will let the ticket opened and CA will get some more informations.
    We'll see if anything happens, or if it just turns round.

• 8.  Re: What's new in Spectrum EventView: The yellow events or only the yellow color?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 23, 2015 11:09 AM

I close this discussion.

A result is the idea Allow filtering of precedence 20 events in Spectrum Oneclick.

Not really clear is, why will not at every SS restart the p20 Events be generated.

It looks like a random function, but there is  no time  to test it out.