DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  What are the expected benefits of migrating to Jaspersoft from CABI?

Posted Jan 15, 2016 11:50 AM

Hi everyone,

Many of us are aware of some of the shortcomings of CABI, but I haven't seen a detailed explanation of what benefits are to be expected with the migration to Jaspersoft for reporting. Such benefits may include performance, scalability, portability, system requirements, functionality and more.

I assume that there is still some time until this integration will be mature enough to put into production, so it's understandable if certain benefits may only be realized at a later point in the Spectrum 10.x lifecycle. I would also like to know whether multi-tenancy will likely be supported (as is the case with CABI).

Thanks for your time

• 2.  Re: What are the expected benefits of migrating to Jaspersoft from CABI?

Posted Feb 10, 2016 02:51 PM

Does anyone care to give their two cents?

• 3.  Re: What are the expected benefits of migrating to Jaspersoft from CABI?

Posted Feb 12, 2016 03:08 AM

Hi,

I was pushing the basic suggestion to replace BOXI.

We are driving a lot of Landscapes and supporting customers in germany.

Not all problems are based on BOXI, some problems are based on the SRM-Database and it´s Bucketfiles.

a) BOXI needs an extra server for bigger environments, JasperReports could be located directly at the "Oneclick-Server" (I hope it will be integrated in the Oneclick-WebUI).

b) Users have to configure their "IE10" to "English" to be able to start reports... not good for international customers.

c) We already replaced BOXI in some installations with a much more simplified Web-UI which runs inside the Tomcat ( developed by ourself and other developers )

d) For smaller customers, where only 1 person is doing all the administration, BOXI is to complex. We need a more simplified solution

e) BOXI needs a Mapping/Metadata (stored in an extra DB) to map from the SRM-Data/Structure to the final Report-Structure, Jasper is able to access and work directly with the SRM-Data

f) The Development-Team compared the execution-time for reports in BOXI and Jasper. Jasper was much faster. We had seen customers starting reports in BOXI and had to wait for long time for the reports.

Hopefully, more people will access and use the data out of spectrum for their daily work and reporting.

Best Regards

Erich