DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to remove an attribute from the support table for an attribute you've previously added?

Posted Dec 24, 2015 06:09 AM

Hi everyone,

I've added a Cisco MIB which didn't come OOB with Spectrum. I then added some of the attributes from this MIB to the attribute support table. Is it possible to remove some of the attributes I've added? Does this require removing the entire MIB and adding the attributes from scratch? Is it possible to see all attributes I've added which aren't OOB?

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to remove an attribute from the support table for an attribute you've previously added?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 24, 2015 07:19 AM

If you compiled the mib in MIB Tools and then mapped the mib to Spectrum, you can remove the mib from MIB Tools but you cannot remove the attributes from the Spectrum database after they have been mapped.

To remove the mib from MIB Tools, find the mib in the Navigation panel and then click on the "Delete selected selected MIBs fromthe navigation panel" icon. The one with the minus "-" character. Note that this may not be available in earlier releases of Spectrum. Not sure which release this was included in.

If the attributes have been mapped, you cannot delete them from the Spectrum database. The only option is to load a catalog from before you mapped them to the Spectrum database.

There is no single place to see all the attributes you added that I am aware of.

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to remove an attribute from the support table for an attribute you've previously added?

Posted Dec 24, 2015 08:11 AM

Thanks Joseph. I added this as an idea, I figure it has about as much merit as having added the remove MIB option in Spectrum 9.4