DX NetOps

• 1.  Error in File Availability: Group: Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: [Database Vendor Code: 80 ]

Posted 08-14-2015 02:38 AM

I am getting this error when i am trying to fetch a report from ca spectrum infoview.

• 2.  Re: Error in File Availability: Group: Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: [Database Vendor Code: 80 ]

Posted 08-14-2015 03:11 AM

Hello Gautam,

Seems to me a database connection problem.  Does this happen for all reports?

Check this

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/errors/12/0/en/html/topic180.html

Is this Cabi 4.1 sp5 ? If yes , did you run the post install tasks after installing cabi?

• 3.  Re: Error in File Availability: Group: Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: [Database Vendor Code: 80 ]

Posted 08-14-2015 05:10 AM

Hi Kalyan

this is happening for specific GC.but when i am trying to fetch its devices individually i am able to fetch the reports.

• 4.  Re: Error in File Availability: Group: Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: [Database Vendor Code: 80 ]

Posted 08-17-2015 01:29 AM

Tusharm,

Were you able to pull the same reports from other GC's? If it's happening for a specific GC, can you eanble the debug for

SRM - DB - Data Access
    OFF
    ON OFF
    SRM - DB - Queries
    OFF
    ON

Make these debug to ON and try generating the report again.

Logon to mysql/bin and connect to reporting database. Now run the command show full processlist\G when running the report.In the output you might see the backed db query executed by Infoview.

Try running the same query manually from cli to see if it executes. I suggest to log a support ticket if you need any help in these things

• 5.  Re: Error in File Availability: Group: Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: [Database Vendor Code: 80 ]

Posted 08-19-2015 02:43 AM

HI Kalyan

Above solutions didn't worked.Still same issue.

A particular GC is showing report when i am selecting last week or last day but when i am selecting last month it is showing the above mentioned error.

• 6.  Re: Error in File Availability: Group: Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: [Database Vendor Code: 80 ]

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 08-19-2015 03:08 AM

Hi Tushar,

Can you try the following?

Increase the Java Heap used by Crystal Reports

• Edit the file C:\Program Files\CA\SC\CommonReporting3\Common\4.0\java\CRConfig.xml

• Find the XML entry for JVMMaxHeap

• This value is in bytes. The default is 64 MB (i.e., 64000000). The value you set here depends on your system resources and how much data is to be returned. For my testing, I had the event report return 1.2M events. I run BOXI on a Linux 4 VM with 4GB of RAM. I set the JVMMaxHeap value to 1 GB (1024000000).

• Save and exit the file.

Cache Server and Processing Server Timeouts

• Click “Servers”.

• Open the Properties for the Crystal Reports Cache Server.

• Set the “Idle Connection Timeout (minutes)” value to 60.

• Set the “Maximum Cache Size (KB)” value to 1028000.

• Click “Save & Close”.

• Open the Properties for the Crystal Reports Processing Server.

• Make sure that the field “Database Records Read When Previewing or Refreshing” is set to 0 (for unlimited).

• Set the “Idle Job Timeout (minutes)” value to 60.

• Click “Save & Close”.

• Restart both the Cache and Processing Servers. (This step not is necessary if you are going to restart the SIA at the end)

And then try to generate report again and verify if the report is generated now.

• 7.  Re: Error in File Availability: Group: Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: [Database Vendor Code: 80 ]

Posted 08-14-2015 05:11 AM

BOXi 3.1

• 8.  Re: Error in File Availability: Group: Failed to retrieve data from the database. Details: [Database Vendor Code: 80 ]
    Best Answer

Posted 08-19-2015 03:44 AM

This issue is resolved through a support ticket. Issue is with the change in the GC names of Oneclick not reflected in Infoview. Updating the Spectrum content in Boxi using "update content" resolved the issue