DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

Custom event rules not working

• 1.  Custom event rules not working

Posted 07-29-2015 10:22 AM

Hi, I've run into a problem I cannot figure out. A few weeks ago a customer told me he "Migrated Events" from one Spectroserver to another, and suddenly he stopped receiving alarms for certain models. When I went and checked out I found the events table corrupt and EventDisp and AlertMap files missing in the "Custom\Events" folder from the SS. I recovered the files from a backup I had from a while ago and tried evrything on my mind but I can't get the event rules back. If I check the files it's all there but from within OneClick every custom event has no Event Rules.

Has anyone run into something like this or any idea of what I'm missing?

The Spectrum Version is 9.4 running on W2K8R2.

Thank you all in advance!

• 2.  Re: Custom event rules not working

Posted 07-29-2015 11:07 AM

Maybe some subfolders with separate EventDisp files remain that have yet to be restored.

• 3.  Re: Custom event rules not working

Posted 07-29-2015 11:07 AM

Hi,

The Event Rules are contained in the EventDisp file. Are you sure OneClick is not stating "No Event Format"? If that is what you are seeing, check the $SPECROOT/custom/Events directory on the OneClick server. You are likely missing the corresponding Event file in the CsEvFormat directory, and therefore no Event Format could be found. Also double check the CsPCause directory for a corresponding Prob file.

If find the files are missing, I would also double check the files on the SpectroSERVER to see if there are copies in the $SPECROOT/custom/Events/CsEvFormat and CsPCause directories. If they're on the SpectroSERVER, place copies on the OneClick Server. If they are also missing for the SpectroSERVER, you will need to find a back that contains them or recreate them from scratch. You will want copies of the files on the SpectroSERVER if you are running AlarmNotifier.

If you make any changes or add the missing files, you will need to reload the Event and Alarm files from the OneClick Web Page -Administration Pages. There is an "Update Event and Alarm Files" link on the left hand side of the page, 5th link from the bottom.

I hope this helps,

Brad

• 4.  Re: Custom event rules not working

Posted 08-03-2015 08:27 AM

Fgonzalezr

Checking to see if this has been resolved. One other thing to ensure is after you copy in files or make manual changes, you need to update the Event Configuration for the SpectroSERVER by doing the following:

1. Log into OneClick as an ADMIN user

2. Find and select the VNM model for the landscape/SpectroSERVER system where you copied in the files or manually edited the files

3. Click on the Information tab in the Component Detail panel

4. Find and expand the SpectroSERVER Control subview

5. Click on the Update Event Configuration button

Then open a new Event Configuration and see if the Condition Rules are there.

Joe

• 5.  Re: Custom event rules not working

Posted 08-03-2015 11:03 AM

I found what the problem was. The EventDisp file from the Spectroserver had some corrupt lines, don't know how it happened but apparently that was causing the Issue. It's been resolved. Thank you all for your help and replies!