DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  PDF exports from CAPC are not properly formatted

Posted Jul 17, 2015 04:02 PM

I am trying to cimply run Avg CPU and Physical memory utlization reports in CAPC with elements information coming from ehealth data source.

Created custom dashboard(very simple) and I am trying to export that information in PDF. When I see reports, formatting is messed up. Has anyone seen this before or know the solution. we are running 2.3.3.288 .

Actual report I see in CAPC

CAPC-screenshot.PNG

Now this is the PDF exported report. You can see pie chart is haldf missing.

missing-pie-chart.PNG

Thanks,

Chintan

• 2.  Re: PDF exports from CAPC are not properly formatted

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 19, 2015 10:44 AM

Hi Chintan:

Yes I believe we have seen this before in support and I believe it to be fixed in later versions of the product.  This far I have not been able to find a defect number but I believe you will see this issue go away by upgrading to a more current release.  If I happen to find the defect number and can confirm the version I will post it here -but the current version is 2.5

Regards,

Joe

• 3.  Re: PDF exports from CAPC are not properly formatted

Posted Jul 20, 2015 08:37 AM

Thanks Joe,

I will upgrade CAPC and let you know the results.

Regards,

Chintan Rami

• 4.  Re: PDF exports from CAPC are not properly formatted

Posted Jul 20, 2015 01:16 PM

Hello Joe,

I just upgraded the CAPC to 2.5.0.202. I am able to see an option to add TOP N reports as well with custom PIE charts.

What i am seeing now is PIE chart is included in pdf extracted format, however its missing the legends to identify colors included with respect to the systems.

customPIEchart.PNG

missing legends in pdf format.

missinglegends.PNG

Is this also a known issue?

Thanks,
    Chintan

• 5.  Re: PDF exports from CAPC are not properly formatted
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 18, 2015 01:55 AM

What I know, there are many views which are formatted in pdf differently to the UI - CA is "view by view" improving this... but no explicit timelines for this.

• 6.  Re: PDF exports from CAPC are not properly formatted

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 24, 2015 02:49 PM

I have verified this internally and the Pie charts are rendering well in PDF. Additionally the ability to chose either Portrait and Landscape orientation allows for greater flexibility in how the PDF is rendered.

UCM_demo_May_23_20150924_1419_EDT_pdf__page_1_of_4_.png

• 7.  Re: PDF exports from CAPC are not properly formatted

Posted Sep 24, 2015 03:00 PM

Thanks Jason.

Issue is resolved for me after creating a support ticket. It appears that one of the view "eHealth Custom Pie Charts" have this issue with 2.5.0.202 and will be deprecated in future releases and support has asked me to use a new dashboard with "eHealth Custom Pie Chart and Table" view, which works absolutely fine with PDF export. 

For your reference here is the ticket SAP Portal Services.

Thanks for the followup.

Chintan

• 8.  Re: PDF exports from CAPC are not properly formatted

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2015 06:42 AM

Hello Chintan,

The link does not open for me:(  I would appreciate if you can paste the case number into the case?

Thanks,

Shiraz

• 9.  Re: PDF exports from CAPC are not properly formatted

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 29, 2015 08:18 AM

Shiraz,

If you're after the case number buried in that SAP link, mouse over it and in the URL it shows that will be reached it contains case number 00143702.

Mike