DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Looking back at IM DevXchange EMEA

Posted May 25, 2015 06:29 AM

I just wanted to let you all know that I have just posted a blog post about the IM DevXchange event for EMEA last week: Looking back at IM DevXchange EMEA

If you were at the event, I would be very interested to hear your feedback. Suggestions from other on topics and location for a next event are also welcome of course. It was thanks to the response from the community to the surveys and other posts that this event was organized. So make sure to keep providing your input on these things.

Thanks,

Michiel

• 2.  Re: Looking back at IM DevXchange EMEA

Posted May 26, 2015 05:19 AM

Hi Michiel, hi community,

i think this was a great event, and it was worth attending. I was pleased to meet the developers and CA management staff, aswell as other community members / admins of the IM tools, and to discuss issues and get an insight on how other companies are leaveraging and extending the tools we use daily. Also it was good to get an insight on what the roadmap is for the products.

There were some minor initial difficulties with the workshop / hands on sessions on day one, but they were addressed and improved at the second day. Unfortunately, there were many sessions in parallel so that there were two or three sessions i would like to have seen but i couldn't attend because i was in another session during that timeslot, but that's okay for a two day event, and most of the slides will be released within the community.

As this was a community driven event, i think maybe it would be a good idea to have a track for community organized talks. i heard about some cool stuff going on in other companies, such as extending the SRM/BOXI capabilities with elastic search and kibana f.e., that i would have liked to hear more about. This would be a chance to present solutions to extend the products capabilities, users of the products have implemented, or features that are being used, which almost no one knows about.

I'm looking forward for another devxchange.

Regards

Marco

• 3.  Re: Looking back at IM DevXchange EMEA

Posted May 26, 2015 02:23 PM

Thanks for your feedback. I have also seen that the lab sessions on the first day could have gone better. And depending on the number of and which products you use, it was a challenge to attend all the sessions that were of interest. They had to make a choice between an extra day and more parallel session. In the end the fear was that the number of attendees would be lower with an extra day so the choice was made to go for more parallel sessions. Would you have preferred (and been able to attend) an extra day?

• 4.  Re: Looking back at IM DevXchange EMEA

Posted May 27, 2015 02:36 AM

Although i think an extra day would have allowed us to join more sessions, i see that on a three day event lesser people would have the ability to attend. Also there were not many arms were raised in one of the sessions, when the question was who would been able to attend if the xchange would have been a day longer. Therefore, two days are absolutely okay. Once the slides will be released, we'll be able to read what we have missed, and i'm totally fine with that. Maybe recordings of the sessions (maybe excempt the roadmaps) will be an option to think about in the future.

• 5.  Re: Looking back at IM DevXchange EMEA

Posted May 27, 2015 09:20 AM

A really good event, in my opinion. As marco mentioned, it's just too short! I had the same issue, and even though I was primarily there for Spectrum related sessions, don't count on us only attending the Spectrum events! It was good to see what is happening on the UIM front as well as the API side of things.

A suggestion from me is that if possible, post the sessions they want to present and then get the community to 'reserve' attendance. This way you can plan to have sessions that people want and also space them out so there is minimal overlap. It doesn't have to be enforced, as sometimes people might want to change their minds as to what to attend - but can give a good indication if there will be major overlap.

Otherwise a good event to attend, considering CA World will probably never hit EU shores!