DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Global collection for red hat servers..

Posted Nov 19, 2014 12:35 AM

Hi - I auto discover my servers and they then automatically populate global groups based on certain attributes. These attributes/GG determine which support group is ticketted

I would like to be able to create an auto populating Global Group for Linux/ Red Hat servers. SO far I have not been able to find an attribute which will ensure this...

Can anyone assist?

Thanks

Chris

• 2.  Re: Global collection for red hat servers..

Posted Nov 19, 2014 05:07 AM

Hi Chris,

if the servers do not have a hardware agent running (e.g. HP Insight Agent) you could search for sysOID. The default snmp agent on typical Linux systems is net-snmp, which has unique OID per platform (1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.3.2.10 on x86).

You might also look for systemDescription which even could reveal more details about the Linux flavour being used (e.g.: " Linux hostname.domain.com 2.6.18-371.3.1.el5 #1 SMP Thu Dec 5 12:47:02 EST 2013 x86_64").

To optimize the searches, you should look for different attributes providing the same information but having different SSdb flags (memory, database, external).

regards,
    Raphael

• 3.  Re: Global collection for red hat servers..

Posted Nov 19, 2014 11:45 PM

Hi Franck,

Thanks for your response.

Because we run sysEDGE on the servers the OID is not useable. I cannot find the description either.

I have however found an attribute called hrSWOSIndex which for my red hat boxes shows an integer of 2

I have looked at windows and this appears to be 3

Do you know where I can find a list of the possible integers - this might be exactly what I need to break down all my devices into their correct OS disciplines.

Cheers

Chris