DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  CABI problems with user-defined groups

Posted Jan 29, 2015 12:51 PM

I have three related questions.  Thanks in advance for any help.

1.  Can anyone provide a definitive answer to the question : how often does CABI poll Oneclick for the names and contents of global collections?  Is it 1 hour, 24 hours, something in between, or indeterminate?  I find that when I create and populate a GC in Oneclick, and check CABI an hour later, it is typically NOT showing up in the Crystal Reports interface selection lists.  Eventually it does show up.

2.  I have a problem in that when I run reports on groups, I do not get the expected results.  They aren't off by one or two, but are way off..a GC in Oneclick may have 500 models in it, and in SRM it will have 30. These are not groups whose search criteria have changed.

3.  Can anyone tell me what the term "currently managed" means in the verbiage associated with Crystal Reports?  Are there assets that CABI does not consider to be "currently managed" and is it filtering these out of reports?

• 2.  Re: CABI problems with user-defined groups

Posted Jan 30, 2015 06:15 AM

Hello KMV,

1.  Events sync for every 1 hour between ddmdb and srmdb. If you have the information in srmdb , the same should populate in Infoview. Assets sync every 24 hrs between ddmdb and srmdb.

2.  Problem should be with the user security strings. Somethings in boxi user , v security table needs to be checked. Please open a support ticket.

Kalyan

• 3.  Re: CABI problems with user-defined groups

Posted Jan 30, 2015 12:17 PM

Thank you, Kothapalli.  I'm aware of the event syncing and asset syncing intervals; it is in the documentation.  However, it was not clear to me that global collections were on the 24 hour schedule with assets.  Since I posed the question yesterday, SRM had now stopped retrieving the groups lists at all.  I'm not sure if this happened when the global collections were synced (at midnight?), as I added 3 new global collections yesterday. This system seems rather brittle.   I will open a ticket. 

• 4.  Re: CABI problems with user-defined groups

Posted Feb 02, 2015 05:48 AM

Global collections should appear as and when the GC creation event is updated in SRMDB. If the GC stops synching in infoview, then it should be a problem with the security strings.

Try recycling tomcat and it should populate the v security table with proper security strings for the users.

Kalayn

• 5.  Re: CABI problems with user-defined groups

Posted Feb 02, 2015 05:49 AM

Also check the  model table under srmdb using model_class=16 filter in the query to see if there are any duplicate users as well.