DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Installing CABI 4.1 on CentOS

Posted Jun 26, 2015 04:45 AM

Has anyone managed to install CABI4.1 on CentOS? The installer always complains that the OS is not a RHEL.

I've a test environemt I want to use for evaluating Spectrum 10.0. Our production-stage is RHEL-only so that will not be an issue.

Thanks for any hints,

Jan

• 2.  Re: Installing CABI 4.1 on CentOS

Posted Jun 26, 2015 12:02 PM

We have not specifically done this yet for Spectrum 10 and CABI4.1, but it has worked in the past for installations that "required" a RHEL release.

You should be able to edit the /etc/redhat-release

Suggestion, copy off the original redhat-release to something else.  Then after you do your install, put the original back.  We always have our systems with their real redhat-release file and only make this change during installations.

example, for

CentOS 5.8 the RHEL equivalent would be: "Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.8 (Tikanga)"

CentOS 6.5 the RHEL equivalent would be: "Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.5 (Santiago)"

CentOS 7.0 the RHEL equivalent would be: "Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.0 (Maipo)"

• 3.  Re: Installing CABI 4.1 on CentOS

Posted Jun 28, 2015 03:27 AM

Jan,

+1

you can Install BO 4.1 on Centos 6.4. You must Change the /etc/redhat-release file and set it to "Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.4 (Santiago)"

After the Installation, Iset it back, but for each SP / Patch you must modify the file.

Have a look at this as well

Check this KB Article.

1691347  - Is CentOS or Oracle Enterprise Linux supported with SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.0

Symptom 

Is CentOS or Oracle Enteprise Linux supported with SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence 4.0?

Environment

• SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.0.
    • CentOS.
    • Oracle Enterprise Linux (OEL)

ResolutionAlthough CentOS and Oracle Enterprise Linux are both based on the codebase for RedHat Enterprise Linux they are not supported with SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.0.

http://scn.sap.com/message-abuse!input.jspa?objectID=14326616&objectType=2

• 4.  Re: Installing CABI 4.1 on CentOS

Posted Sep 06, 2015 06:11 PM

Do not waste your time installing CABI 4.1 sp3 on Centos.  Yes, Business Objects 4.1 will install provided you have the required libraries and you edit the release-file but you will never get the Crystal Reports Server to start in the CMC.  Believe me I've tried about three times. Either you install CABI on RedHat or Windows.